• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

chara   
54 minutes ago, blue moon said:

... and hopefully a panel of Mancunians making the decision?

That would be the longest 5 seconds in history.......

5 hours ago, chara said:

As the leagues get expunged our wildest dreams look more and more likely to come to pass.....The Dippers have the title snatched away....a gift for ever ..."We wuz robbed".....for eternity...and all football fans outside of the Anfield circle chortling and nodding in agreement...not everything is bad at this trying time.

Even if, as is likely, the title is somehow handed to them imagine what turmoil it must be causing in the hearts of the anfield loyalists (deliberate lower case..as they are!) as they wait for a decision..with no VAR to help them.

It certainly sets a precedent for future decisions, you would assume the same logic will be used for all leagues including the premier. I suppose the only argument to why it would be different is the big money involved and tv contracts.

I think we are very fast getting to a stage where many people couldn’t give a crap about what’s going to happen with the football league. So whatever happens, whether the dippers get awarded it with final standings or games do somehow get played, any glory in winning the league has been severely dampened. So effectively it has been taken from them either way.

I just can’t see the games getting played in the next few months, how can there be any justification for even attempting it any time soon, putting peoples lives at risk. And of course the government will be fully aware that if it did go ahead the dippers would have a huge public gathering when they won it, even if strongly requested not to, they haven’t exactly got a good track record with crowd control at their ground and surrounding area.

JaneB   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8164485/Jamie-Carragher-reveals-Rafa-Benitez-preferred-Jose-Mourinho-Liverpool-manager-2004.html

Thanks for that Jamie.  

Jose won 3 Premier League Titles with us but of course that's not the 'Liverpool way of doing things' :-)

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8164485/Jamie-Carragher-reveals-Rafa-Benitez-preferred-Jose-Mourinho-Liverpool-manager-2004.html

Thanks for that Jamie.  

Jose won 3 Premier League Titles with us but of course that's not the 'Liverpool way of doing things' :-)

:)  That'll be why Liverpool bought Cisse, Alonso, Morientes and Luis Garcia too, while we had to take Drogba, Robben, Cech, Carvalho, Tiago and Ferreira as second choice then.

'I think even that run down the line, even though it was great, at Old Trafford, the feeling was at the club and maybe from certain players that it wasn't really the Liverpool way of doing things.'

Winning?  Yup.

Stroppy pre-match conferences with personal comments about other managers?  No.

Edited by Droy was my hero
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

That little tinker Jason Cundy was winding the Dippers up good and proper for April Fools. On the stroke of midnight he claimed the Premier League were about to announce that Liverpool were going to be crowned " Half Champions" . They would get a half sized trophy and smaller medals but they could have a bus top parade!! 

I was listening in bed with my headphones on trying to suppress the laughter as the phones lines went red hot. But listen to this...about half the Scousers that phoned up said " we'll take it" . Now that is deserate! 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 01/04/2020 at 9:22 AM, Holymoly said:

daa10c9.thumb.jpg.efeebc98202c5f7944c03b598983316a.jpg

...and your grand kids will tell their grand kids. 

The phrase/soundbite resonating out of Liverpool media earlier this season was " our history hasn't been made yet"......I think that's a fair statement if the season gets voided!. And to think some  people were calling to close this thread down! Never...not on my watch.  It's like a sleeping volcano. It can be dormant for a while but eventually it will produce the goods.  

Edited by NoblyBobly

chara   
3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

...and your grand kids will tell their grand kids. 

The phrase/soundbite resonating out of Liverpool media earlier this season was " our history hasn't been made yet"......I think that's a fair statement if the season gets voided!. And to think some  people were calling to close this thread down! Never...not on my watch.  It's like a sleeping volcano. It can be dormant for a while but eventually it will produce the goods.  

With you all the way NB.....all season long we girded ourselves up to deal with The Dippers taking the Title.....whatever happens now will be a win win for the "Rest" of the football world..

and no VAR to save them...... bonus?..for me Leeds get screwed as well...... silver linings indeed.....

( Leeds though sort of disappointed..torn between them not getting promoted and the prospect of helping them return to Championship)

12 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

That little tinker Jason Cundy was winding the Dippers up good and proper for April Fools. On the stroke of midnight he claimed the Premier League were about to announce that Liverpool were going to be crowned " Half Champions" . They would get a half sized trophy and smaller medals but they could have a bus top parade!! 

I was listening in bed with my headphones on trying to suppress the laughter as the phones lines went red hot. But listen to this...about half the Scousers that phoned up said " we'll take it" . Now that is deserate! 🤣

😂😂😂 That’s brilliant I wish I’d listened to that