• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

paulw66   
16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They've just announced their staff have been furloughed. 

I guess they're the ones that will be walking alone from now on. 

Could you imagine if Roman did this?

21 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder if supporters of other clubs see them for what they are or if it's just us , I wonder if anyone else notices the way they are treated in the media like we do ?

I got a couple of mates that are Fulham and Arsenal season ticket holders and they see it exactly how we see it.

I also know a couple of utd fans who see it the same way, although I’m never sure if it’s just the rivalry between the clubs. For me utd also get the same positively spun media.

In fact I think many fans of other clubs see it and many can’t stand the club and fan base because of it. 

25 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

I got a couple of mates that are Fulham and Arsenal season ticket holders and they see it exactly how we see it.

I also know a couple of utd fans who see it the same way, although I’m never sure if it’s just the rivalry between the clubs. For me utd also get the same positively spun media.

In fact I think many fans of other clubs see it and many can’t stand the club and fan base because of it. 

The people's champions.  Lol.

Ham   

I actually think the Spuds' furlough decision is far worse as they're owned by a billionaire tax exile. 

The furlough scheme was set up for smaller businesses that might have had no option but to let people go.

Joe Lewis could and should have funded these wages.  To go cap on hand for my tax money is obscene.

Glad both clubs are getting what they deserve. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ham said:

I actually think the Spuds' furlough decision is far worse as they're owned by a billionaire tax exile. 

The furlough scheme was set up for smaller businesses that might have had no option but to let people go.

Joe Lewis could and should have funded these wages.  To go cap on hand for my tax money is obscene.

He has got the "Winalot 1961 memorial enormodome" to pay for you know .....

16 hours ago, Ham said:

I do not want to defend Spuds but as a business they are in a very dodgy position. Firstly, a lot of their players are either ageing or getting to the end of their contract and they have a £600m+ loan on the stadium that they need to pay down. However, their calculations were largely based on the revenues the stadium was meant to drive, while now they also have to factor in loss of competition and tv money. In other words, they are cornered and I can see them ending up in a similar situation to what we did in the 70's after building the East Stand if this thing carries on for a while. 

Edited by King Kante

chara   
18 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I do not want to defend Spuds but as a business they are in a very dodgy position. Firstly, a lot of their players are either ageing or getting to the end of their contract and they have a £600m+ loan on the stadium that they need to pay down. However, their calculations were largely based on the revenues the stadium was meant to drive, while now they also have to factor in loss of competition and tv money. In other words, they are cornered and I can see them ending up in a similar situation to what we did in the 70's after building the East Stand if this thing carries on for a while. 

Yeah..and remember all the support and understanding we got from the media and the "Football Community"

Ham   
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I get that ENIC has a problem here but morally speaking, Joe Lewis' personal fortune is vast and he doesn't pay any tax on the UK. 

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Thet reported the largest profit of any club in history last year at £113m.

paulw66   

Anyone seen the video of John Barnes defending Liverpool's decision to furlough their staff?

Says the government can't offer it and then be cross when companies take them up on it. 

Utter cockwomble