• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

JaneB   
12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If Chelsea buy a top manager this summer to match some top name players, it is going to be Jurgen or Pep.
You heard it here.

7 hours ago, kennypaul said:

do you think Frank's out the door if we don't make fourth?

And here we go again 🤫🤬

7 hours ago, kennypaul said:

do you think Frank's out the door if we don't make fourth?

Irrelevant whether we are 3rd or 6th.  It depends on the spend and ambition of the club this summer.
Actually assuming we are 3rd or 4th, that makes Frank going more likely, not less.
If we are buying Werner, Ziyech, harvetz and say a big CB and a FB, then I don't think we are going into next season with Frank in charge.
(And I think he would understand, and would be sent off on a quasi loan for a few years while maintaining his links with the club quietly).

(I have never understood this "if he doesn't win xxx he is out" concept.  They said that about Grant and the CL final, but we know his replacement was being lined up in March.  Similar with Ranieri.)

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Irrelevant whether we are 3rd or 6th.  It depends on the spend and ambition of the club this summer.
Actually assuming we are 3rd or 4th, that makes Frank going more likely, not less.
If we are buying Werner, Ziyech, harvetz and say a big CB and a FB, then I don't think we are going into next season with Frank in charge.
(And I think he would understand, and would be sent off on a quasi loan for a few years while maintaining his links with the club quietly).

(I have never understood this "if he doesn't win xxx he is out" concept.  They said that about Grant and the CL final, but we know his replacement was being lined up in March.  Similar with Ranieri.)

Do you honestly believe that?

I don't see any scenario where Frank isn't in charge next season. None at all. 

Ham   
Just now, paulw66 said:

This is destined to be the new 'Matic will be gone by.......' 

50 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I believe it when it starts with an "If".  But we are 3 players & £150m short right now.  

After a dodgy start I think he has done well this season, and I am sure the club think the same.
But it is the same with say Mount.  We haven't bought Ziyech because Mount performed badly this year.  But Mount's success made buying Ziyech more likely not less likely.

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Classic! 

A falling out of the most epic proportions is the only way Frank isn’t around next season, but given his temperament, and Marina/Roman’s history with the likes of Mourinho, Sarri, Conte etc then this relationship will feel like a match made in heaven. 

I genuinely believe that the likes of Petr, Frank are Marina are completely aligned on the club’s vision and strategy over the next few years.

Frank is going absolutely nowhere until the point where he completely ballses up and gives the club no choice but to change things. But that isn’t happening before the start of next season at the very least. 

I don't think his job is in danger at all, but I think the quality of signings over the quality of management will dig us out of trouble next season.

On that note (seeing this is a Liverpool thread), I think they'll fall into the trap of buying squad players and not bonafide stars to challenge their front three, and it will lead to their downfall.

We've signed nobody, he's got a squad with players running down their contracts and youth team prodigies and a bunch of tired old pros short on quality and we're currently in the top four. 

Frank will definitely be here next season where he will be rewarded by having a half decent squad. 

He's not perfect, there's some glaring faults in the way he's set up the  side but he's really doing quite well all things considered. 

• Like 2

JaneB   
13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We've signed nobody, he's got a squad with players running down their contracts and youth team prodigies and a bunch of tired old pros short on quality and we're currently in the top four. 

Frank will definitely be here next season where he will be rewarded by having a half decent squad. 

He's not perfect, there's some glaring faults in the way he's set up the  side but he's really doing quite well all things considered. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I generally agree, but next season, the excuses (which are valid) are no longer there, and the good will he has, simply by being SFL, will not last forever. 

If we are lining up next season with Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech in the side, then defeats at home to the likes of West Ham, Bournemouth and Southampton without scoring, won't be acceptable.