• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Khobar   

I doubt he can be banned from club football for an international offence. Certainly I have never heard of it.

Which means his value to the buying club goes up (whereas he had to serve out some of his Ajax punishment at Liverpool).

If it is Barca, they don't care about that kind of thing. If they did, you'd think they would have had a word in Alves or Puyol's ear.

All those times I've tried to wind up Liverpool fans by telling them that no other club would touch him because of his reputation, and just when I was doubting myself he does this.

I know there's no precedent, but then there's no precedent for biting an opponent on three occasions is there? I was thinking more along the lines of UEFA or the Premier League handing out a club ban because he obviously cannot be trusted to go onto a pitch without trying to bite someone.

As for no other club touching him, a good World Cup would have seen no shortage of suitors. Can't see how his value could possibly go UP on the back of this latest lapse into cannibalism.

I doubt he can be banned from club football for an international offence. Certainly I have never heard of it.

Which means his value to the buying club goes up (whereas he had to serve out some of his Ajax punishment at Liverpool).

If it is Barca, they don't care about that kind of thing. If they did, you'd think they would have had a word in Alves or Puyol's ear.

All those times I've tried to wind up Liverpool fans by telling them that no other club would touch him because of his reputation, and just when I was doubting myself he does this.

By the way, you don't happen to have that nasty Suarez video at hand?

Have a distant Liverpool friend that needs to be put in his place.

People say that he can't be banned by FIFA but if I remember correctly about 15 years ago a Man Utd youth player on loan in Belgium got banned from all football for life for punching a ref. Now if I remember the case correctly the decision got lowered and he was able to play again. However, that said it was an example that a football body (can't remember if it was UEFA, FIFA or the Belgian FA that banned him) can ban players for life/from all football activity. While, I know there was also a bloke in Sunday League football who was banned for life for also punching a ref and a kid in Greece who was banned for life by giving a Nazi salute. Now I am not saying Suarez should be banned from life but I think FIFA does have the juristriction to ban him from all football activities.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz740a_luis-suarez-not-just-a-diver_sport

The original youtube version has been taken down by the FA.

This isn't as good quality. I must have watched it 25 times and it is still shocking - and it is all form a period of less than 2 years.

It really is incredible that none of those incidents here have been dealt with by the FA with a 4 match ban. That he has only been banned for 18 league games in his career (both biting) is amazing.

The biting is the mild stuff. The sooner the press get off that and on to the violence the sooner Suarez will be put in his proper place (prison I reckon).

Edited by Droy was my hero

Khobar   

"Fifa do have the right to impose all football activity bans and that would include club level. They do have that option open to them but normally it would only apply to international football."

Zoowraa   

Is the last sentence the start of a climb down of position? Has it been wind up all along...........only 3 weeks back you were claiming an 'I told you so' which I highlighted as very premature.

Whilst his latest episode should put off other clubs, I still don't think it will. Real or Barca may see this as an ideal opportunity to get him, the press in the UK are not going to report on this favourably and could give Suarez the opportunity to push for a fresh start away from UK press.

Is the last sentence the start of a climb down of position? Has it been wind up all along...........only 3 weeks back you were claiming an 'I told you so' which I highlighted as very premature.

More the end of a softening in tone.

Last year I was adamant no one would touch him. This summer I have been less certain given the massive PR campaign in his favour.

No idea what you think I said 3 weeks ago.

Cheers Bob and Droy.

It's shocking stuff. To imagine none of those were red cards... Yeez.

Most weren't even yellows - lets face it if you saw just one of those in 90 minutes it would be hard to believe they could possibly be deliberate, and not pure accident.

It is because of the false image he has. Divers and people who lose their top don't do those things.