• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

I disagree. What if he was caught snorting cocaine during the WC? Global ban surely?

Maradona.

So yes.

Edit: but that seems to be for rigging games, doping, drug offences etc. Not for anything actually happening on the pitch as in a bad tackle, headbutt etc.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

synavm   

I'm of the opinion that he should be given six months of some kind of psychological treatment, even if they are weekly anger management sessions and during that time he is banned from playing.

Not defending his antics at all, think the guy is a Class A c u next tuesday, but there is something not right in his noggin. Treatment should be used to rehabilitate him and ban to act as a warning to other players. Perhaps a suspended two-season long ban for violent conduct too.

Edited by synavm

Holymoly   

Surely he's already been warned about his future conduct after Evra and after Ivanovic?

synavm   

Correct, that's why it's a warning to other players. A six month ban with a suspended two-year ban would be pretty severe, no? At least a deterrent to prevent it happening again, not just from Suarez.

Edited by synavm

Ha ha! Well his opponents need to make sure they are up to date with their rabies jabs that's for sure!

I see the usual suspects (I.e. Stan Collymore) are still saying he needs counselling/support and not 'a complete hammering' bla bla bla. I think he had all that last season didn't he?

As we always say, if this was JT the death penalty would be too good!

Collymore sees the three bites as proof of mental illness and therefore the guy needs help not punishment. Would he say the same about Jimmy Saville? Or Peter Sutcliffe? With people who have these compulsions (e.g.to attack people with their teeth), the answer is normally to remove them from the situations that trigger the attacks. So the answer in Suarez's case is to remove him from contact with opponents he feels compelled to bite. Sorted.

Collymore sees the three bites as proof of mental illness and therefore the guy needs help not punishment.

Sounds right to me. Collymore is a sick man.

Sea foot   

With people who have these compulsions (e.g.to attack people with their teeth), the answer is normally to remove them from the situations that trigger the attacks. So the answer in Suarez's case is to remove him from contact with opponents he feels compelled to bite. Sorted.

Could always remove the teeth. Sorted. Job's a good 'un.

Could always remove the teeth. Sorted. Job's a good 'un.

Back in the day, if Suarez had bitten Chopper Harris during a game, his teeth would have been 'removed' quick smart.