Forum Administrator

Frank Lampard: Legend.

1,098 posts in this topic

Amazing player. Better than Gerrard. Better overall contribution from midfield than Gascoigne, Robson or Beckham. Best English midfield player for his contribution to the English league since....well, since ever.

13 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

One of the worlds best midfielders of his generation, the best English midfielder any living person can remember, the best player to have ever graced the Premier League and without a doubt Chelsea's best ever player. A true gentleman and a credit to his family and the club. When he scored against us the Chelsea fans sang his name and gave him an ovation. His reaction? Tears. 

The crowd reaction when he broke our goal scoring record at Villa Park( as a midfielder!) - carnage. When he captained us in our greatest ever night in Munich. When he won us the league. Twice. When he won us the cup. The time when he finished second in the Ballon D'Or after an outrageously good Ronaldinho. The penalty against Liverpool in the Champions League only days after his mum passed. The countless of goals he's scored and the equally impressive number of assists he racked up. 

Three league titles, one champions league, one Europa league, four FA cups, two league cups and 106 England caps. Between 2004 and 2006 he was the best player in the world together with Ronaldinho. 

He was truly unique and overshadowed anything the red tops could line up. People debated who was best between Lampard and Gerrard. In truth it was not even a contest. Frank won hands down - both as a player and as a man. 

We'll talk about him 100 years from now. There will never be a midfielder like him ever again. That much is certain. 211 Chelsea goals... As a midfielder. It's so crazy you can hardly believe it unless you witnessed it yourself. If he doesn't get a statue outside the new ground it'll be a disgrace of epic proportions. 

Take a bow Frank. What a career you've had.

Edit: oh and perhaps the most impressive stat of them all, scoring double figures for ten straight seasons in the Premier League between 2003/04 to 2012/13. 130 PL goals... Read that again and think about what it actually means. It's not human. It's out of this world. It's fantasy. Only it actually happened. ****ing hell. Even I'm getting impressed all over again just reading of his accomplishments never mind living through them. What a ****ing legend.

Steven Gerrard? Who?!?

Popping back from my self-imposed exile, for a worthy reason.

Literally couldn't agree with this more. Every single world.

Best Chelsea player ever. Best midfielder ever. Great player, great man. Legend. 

1 person likes this

Not that either needs the money (That can go to charity) but a joint testimonial for JT and Lamps would be in order although I'm also leaning towards JT having his own because of his loyalty. 

Unheard of in recent years. 

super post by Dave.... it even encouraged JP out of retirement!! (are you happy now Dave??) Only joking JP!

Frank had lots of offers that he turned down apparently, but the one he was really waiting for was to come back here for a few months to round of his career. It wasn't to be and Conte doesn't strike me as one for sentiment so it's fair enough. Maybe now is not the time but we must do something at the end of the season for him. I don't know what but something.

2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Best Chelsea player ever. Best midfielder ever. Great player, great man. Legend. 

Wow! JP is back! What are you up to these days? 

You must be delirious these days considering our form! Lots to talk about next summer I'd imagine! ;)

2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Hey ! James ! Stick around you're most welcome.

1 person likes this

The image of SFL running away after scoring (again) pointing to the sky is an incredibly powerful and iconic image in Chelsea's history. If there was ever going to be a statue erected in honour of any of our players in the 100+ years we have been in existence then it is this player that deserves it most. And by a long way too. 

A brand new stadium in however many years time with this at it's entrance? Yeah, I would probably become teary at seeing that each time I attended a game.

SFL.jpg

Edited by Hugh Jars 99

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

The image of SFL running away after scoring (again) pointing to the sky is an incredibly powerful and iconic image in Chelsea's history. If there was ever going to be a statue erected in honour of any of our players in the 100+ years we have been in existence then it is this player that deserves it most. And by a long way too. 

A brand new stadium in however many years time with this at it's entrance? Yeah, I would probably become teary at seeing that each time I attended a game.

SFL.jpg

How cool would that be ?

Surely Lampard has scored many many great goals, but nothing compares to he incredible Barca one from the corner flag.  Nothing.

(good to see another legend back too)

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Wonderful to have you back James - the forum is a poorer place without you. And yes, I really do mean that.