Forum Administrator

Frank Lampard: Legend.

1,096 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Top 5 for me:

Pen against LFC after his Mum died (still gives me goosebumps)

the Nou Camp Chip from line (according to JT, he used to practice that)

the Bayern (swivel and score),

Bolton (win the league),

Everton (FA Cup final winner),

Honourable mentions to

Everton (come from behind to make it 2-2 and Drogba sealing the winner)

Stoke in the 94th minute,

the Hull chip,

converting a Sam Hutchinson cross.

And let's not forget the assists - the pass to Drogba that split the Man City defence, the pass to Rami against Barce in 2012, Or to Drogba in the ManU FA Cup final,

Another honourable mention would have to be Liverpool away in the 09/10 season. Was a tap in really but pretty much sealed the title. 

Another of my favourites is the FA cup semi against Villa when he ran the length of the pitch (literally from box to box) in the 90th minute, 'arriving late' to stroke it home. Typified Frank for me. 

Well if anyone feels like reliving them all, here you go. 

Enjoy!!!

15 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well if anyone feels like reliving them all, here you go. 

Enjoy!!!

trouble is finding a half window to watch it! Plenty of memories there and I only got to goal 50! 

The thing with Lampard is when you watched him in a televised match you knew how good an opening he could see depending on his urgency before he released the ball.

A fair bit of talk going around that he has returned to the club to complete his coaching badges. Let's hope it's true, he should have a role at the club in some capacity for as long as he wants it.

Also hope he returns, I think its great to have some of our winners around the place, winning mentalities breed winners.

No doubt for us for the majority of his career he was top drawer.

I was disappointed to see him got to Man City and then score against us, I couldn't see JT doing that.

On 10/02/2017 at 9:05 PM, Jasonb said:

I was disappointed to see him got to Man City and then score against us, I couldn't see JT doing that.

It was a bit disappointing. I said at the time he might regret that decision in the years to come and I think he probably will/does, but it shouldn't overshadow what he's done for this club. He knows this is his home and has been a bloody hero for us. 

1 person likes this

On 2/11/2017 at 8:05 AM, Jasonb said:

For me, it changes nothing. We opted as a club to let him go. He then moved to NYC who then happened to have sent him to City. Unfortunate turn of events, but not one I'm going to hold against him. 

Would have been entirely different had he requested to leave and then turned around and signed for City directly.

Fai points chaps and I forget that loan from NYC to City.