• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Frank Lampard: Legend.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The legend himself talks to his people (at the match h/t today)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/frank-lampards-terrific-ht-speech-chelsea-v-swansea-video/

That must be a moment to savour.

Best player we had in my lifetime , twenty goals a season from midfield , absolute legend and to quote his cousin a top,top bloke.

13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Best player we had in my lifetime , twenty goals a season from midfield , absolute legend and to quote his cousin a top,top bloke.

Looking at the  video, one has to que stion, why he had to retire? I mean the guy looks fit and healthy, n o sign of any extra weight etc.

I can't think of any player who could score that many goals from the position he played in; As Consistently As he Did. 

I would be quite surprised if All Four of them Didn't get a Stand Named After Them. I mean how else co uld they have done on the pitch to merit that honour?

Ham   
9 hours ago, earthshine said:

I would be quite surprised if All Four of them Didn't get a Stand Named After Them. I mean how else co uld they have done on the pitch to merit that honour?

Well in the new stadium, one stand will remain the Matthew Harding stand and I'm sure the shed end will remain.  

I wouldn't be against one being named after Abramovic.  That leaves one.  Who do you name it after? 

As with the current stadium they'll probably just name entrances or bars after the likes of Lamps, JT, Drogba, Zola etc. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Well in the new stadium, one stand will remain the Matthew Harding stand and I'm sure the shed end will remain.  

I wouldn't be against one being named after Abramovic.  That leaves one.  Who do you name it after? 

As with the current stadium they'll probably just name entrances or bars after the likes of Lamps, JT, Drogba, Zola etc. 

Or call one stand the "Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Zola stand" 

Some Comedy value if nothing else! 

Edit - would be amazed if Roman took any limelight by putting his name to anything. He is hardly indulgent when it comes to media spotlight. always looks like slightly awkward and embarrassed whenever the camera is on him

Edited by paulw66

JaneB   
52 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Or call one stand the "Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Zola stand" 

Some Comedy value if nothing else! 

Edit - would be amazed if Roman took any limelight by putting his name to anything. He is hardly indulgent when it comes to media spotlight. always looks like slightly awkward and embarrassed whenever the camera is on him

Ha ha!  What about Lord Percy?

If any player was going to get a stand named  after them it has to be Osgood in my opinion. I'd like to see statues of Lampard, Terry, Drogba and Cech but don't think I'd like to see a stand named after any of them, too hard to choose which one. If we had to pick one then it would have to be Terry in my opinion, just because he's been here the whole time and has been the captain.

Maybe a tribute to them all would be good. Something like The Munich stand or the 20-12, although I don't like either, just throwing something out there.

As unlikely as it is I'd like to see one stand called The Roman or The Roman Empire Stand, just because I like the sound of it.

Edited by Martin1905