• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Frank Lampard: Legend.

****s sake. I'm close to tears.

Not a huge surprise but I had hoped all parties could have come to an agreement.

Legend doesn't even begin to justify what he's done for us. At least he got to break to goalscoring record and that will stand for some time yet.

I just hope and pray he'll be back one day in some capacity.

That's all I got right now.

Edit: seems to me Lamps done the honourable thing and left on a reasonable high. I think he knew his days were numbered and he didn't want to lumber on and sit on the bench. Significantly lower pay at New York apparently than what was on offer from Chels.

Seems like he wanted to leave on his conditions. Well done Frank and good luck!

Edit II: some sources saying Chelsea did not offer a new deal at all?

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Dingus   

Such an amazing player and I will tell my kids and grandkids stories about arguably our greatest ever player.

So proud of his achievements.

A true legend and I look forward to the statue of him that should be rightfully made to recognise the contributions he's made to our club.

lzheyi   

Thanks for everything Frank Lampard.

One of our legend as always.

Good luck for the rest of your career.

I am sure we will see you in management

I can't list Frank as my favourite Chelsea player, that will always be The King. Nor can I back the opinion of those who consider him to be the greatest Chelsea player ever, for me that surely must be Jimmy Greaves. I do though share the hope that, if Frank leaves this summer, it will not be the end of his Chelsea story. In the meanwhile I really want to be there on the day Frank returns for the first time. Stamford Bridge will erupt like it's never done before.

I've watched this team for going-on 50 years (my first game at SB being in 1964). In all those years we've boasted many great players, top-notch midfielders, and legends. I've never seen one better, more committed, or more influential in the club's success than Frank, nor one more deserving of the term 'LEGEND'. And to be perfectly honest, I doubt that I ever will again - certainly not in my lifetime.

Yes, it was on the cards, but like Dave, I still have a tear in my eye. Good luck, Frank, and come back soon.

The term ‘legend’ gets overused in football. But in Frank's case it's apt. Without Frank, I doubt we'd have achieved as much. A monumental player for us.

A golden age is coming to an end: Terry, Lampard and Drogba. Three of the greatest Chelsea players of all time. Just how lucky have we been?

Absolutely, absolutely gutted. Super Frank. All time favourite player to ever play the game.

The best player for me in our history, what a fantastic player and such an admirable professional.

Wish him all the best in wherever he goes and hope that one day he can find his way back at Chelsea where he belongs.

Still hanging on to the slight hope that these stories aren't true, but you just feel deep down that they are.

Thank you so much Frankie.

Absolute legend. 3 premier league titles and the captains armband when we lifted the CL trophy.

Amazing career, and an amazing professional. Kept out of the back pages, and drew a lot of respect from opposition fans.

Courtesy of the fact that I'm 22, he's been associated with the club for pretty much the entire time I've been a fan... Going to be interesting seeing that number 8 free next season, and even crazier to see who inherits it.

CFC1966   

I've watched this team for going-on 50 years (my first game at SB being in 1964). In all those years we've boasted many great players, top-notch midfielders, and legends. I've never seen one better, more committed, or more influential in the club's success than Frank, nor one more deserving of the term 'LEGEND'. And to be perfectly honest, I doubt that I ever will again - certainly not in my lifetime.

Yes, it was on the cards, but like Dave, I still have a tear in my eye. Good luck, Frank, and come back soon.

This pretty much sums it all up for me. Despite witnessing all of the trophies over the years one pf my most proudest moments was being at Villa Park to witness the goal scoring record being broken - something I dout will ever be repeated...

As sad as I am, part of me is pleased we don't get to witness the natural wind down of SFL - without a doubt he leaves on a high, the memoires and achievements will live on for ever and I am truely grateful to have shared them with a man who in every sense of the word is a true Chelsea Legend.

Good luck and good health Frank Lampard...a class act...