• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Frank Lampard: Legend.

Holymoly   

I'll be wearing his shirt on matchdays for the forseeable future. A great, both on and off the field. A Chelsea FC legend.

Now go and marry Christine FFS!

This pretty much sums it all up for me. Despite witnessing all of the trophies over the years one pf my most proudest moments was being at Villa Park to witness the goal scoring record being broken - something I dout will ever be repeated...

As sad as I am, part of me is pleased we don't get to witness the natural wind down of SFL - without a doubt he leaves on a high, the memoires and achievements will live on for ever and I am truely grateful to have shared them with a man who in every sense of the word is a true Chelsea Legend.

Good luck and good health Frank Lampard...a class act...

Well said there. Seeing him end up like Giggs would have been hard to take on the chin.

The signs were there if we're honest and no matter how much we didn't want to accept it his days as a top player are over. Would still have been a useful squad option but Tiago at 33 is just better.

I won't begrudge him a US adventure. He deserves it and I'm sure he knows his status at this football club. Among the fans but also among those who run it.

Hopefully he'll be back in some capacity. Doesn't have to be a coaching role. Could also be as club ambassador or something along those lines.

As for his goal record - I got hubris and thought he'd do it against West Ham two seasons ago (when he scored his 200th). Not quite the record at Villa Park but good enough for me!

Edited by Sleeping Dave

If it's true, I say good luck to him.

Chelsea today is a succesful club for many reasons, but without Frank Lampard's input with his passing ability and goals from midfield it's a safe bet to say we wouldn't have achieved as much.

However, despite seeing some photographic proof of David Villa at the City training ground to sign , no sign of SFL and until the club say otherwise I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and going la la la la la.

haifarul   

Very well grounded and intelligent person,everything he achieved was through continous hard work and dedication.He wasnt the most flashy talent but he worked harder than anybody else to improve his game.I would like to think he will come back as a manager one day or maybe director of football,club ambassador role.

JaneB   

This pretty much sums it all up for me. Despite witnessing all of the trophies over the years one pf my most proudest moments was being at Villa Park to witness the goal scoring record being broken - something I dout will ever be repeated...

As sad as I am, part of me is pleased we don't get to witness the natural wind down of SFL - without a doubt he leaves on a high, the memoires and achievements will live on for ever and I am truely grateful to have shared them with a man who in every sense of the word is a true Chelsea Legend.

Good luck and good health Frank Lampard...a class act...

+1

Hasn't really hit home yet. Chelsea without Frank..........don't think I'll ever get used to it.

Very well grounded and intelligent person,everything he achieved was through continous hard work and dedication.He wasnt the most flashy talent but he worked harder than anybody else to improve his game.I would like to think he will come back as a manager one day or maybe director of football,club ambassador role.

Yes, wonderful to see a young player with loads of potential actually fulfil his promise through sheer hard work, dedication and humility. You couldn't have made your lovely mum prouder Frank.

I don't think he wants to be a manager actually. Can see him more in the media or building a property empire, something like that. I'm sure whatever he chooses to do his girls will be his first consideration so am not sure at the moment how that will work IF he goes to New York but obviously he will have thought it all through.

If this is true -and it does seem that it is- then perhaps we've not seen the last of Frank at Chelsea just yet. New York City FC haven't yet played their first MLS game, and won't until March 2015 unless I've misunderstood.

They aren't going to have a 8 month pre-season. Frank will have to be somewhere until then.

Couldn't even start with a tribute. A Lampard-less Chelsea is unfathomable to me right now.

Edited by thevelourfog

paulw66   

Chelsea's greatest ever player. Not necessarily the best but certainly the greatest. Leading ever goal scorer (not even a CF) three premier leagues, four fa cups, two league cups and captaining us the 'greatest night in the history of Chelsea football club.

Met him last year at a dinner at SB and he was an absolute gentleman. Had time for everyone. Thank you and good luck.

Well there goes Lamps. Already lost Drogba a couple years ago, and now we're losing Lamps as well. My 2 favourite players. I wish him all the best and I genuinely hope he comes back soon in the form of management of some sort. Think he'll make a terrific manager.

Very concerned about the leadership in the squad at the moment. Only Terry and Cech remain now and that's alarming IMO.

Have had time to think about this and now I'm even more upset! I know that Frank had to leave at some point but it's like anything....when it happens it's just awful; like a lot of things in life, things come to an end.

I've not been this gutted since being at Niagara Falls back in 1992, calling my dad to say hello and being told that Kerry had left.

Frank's influence is undeniable as is his role in our successes; but he is a symbol of the club in that he seems to genuinely love Chels, and he has the heart as well as a healthy and positive presence in the dressing room. I think Frank's respected at Chelsea by the other players not just for his astounding all-round game but for his heart for a battle as well. Like any player Frank's had his bad games but never because he didn't care - something you could not always say about certain other players.

His passing, tackling, goals (obviously!), passion, movement, positional sense and defending make him, as I've always said, one of THE most brilliant midfielders ever to play the game.

And Gerrard is not fit to carry Frank's boots. He's not in the same league. Not on the same planet. Yes, the rat-faced, whining little shitbag of Analfield is a good player; but he's not in the same class as Frank. Nowhere near.

It's hard to think of a player who is in terms of all-round game, and I include Iniesta and Zidane in that. I don't think Frank's goalscoring record will be broken in my lifetime, and I'm 41.

If these stories are true, then he must have some kind of a goodbye to the fans. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-frank-Lampard-reportedly-signs-for-new-york-city-on-a-free-transfer-with-david-villa-also-joining-9467675.html

Good luck to whomever takes the shirt (MvG?) - if you do half as well, we'll have a magnificent replacement on our hands.

Chels without Lamps is going to take some getting used to, and in my opinion he should have a stand named after him, or some other permanent reminder of this utterly amazing footballer.

Super Frank indeed.

I've been thinking of a fitting tribute to Lampard and I think I've made up my mid of what I would like to see happen.

A statue of Lampard, Terry, Cech and Drogba somewhere outside of MHL/ST corner or WS/SE would be nice. Then west and east stands names after JT and Frank.