Forum Administrator

Frank Lampard: Legend.

1,098 posts in this topic

Leaving at the top.....Thanks SFL, you are always welcome in our house

If this is true -and it does seem that it is- then perhaps we've not seen the last of Frank at Chelsea just yet. New York City FC haven't yet played their first MLS game, and won't until March 2015 unless I've misunderstood.

They aren't going to have a 8 month pre-season. Frank will have to be somewhere until then.

This is a very good point that seems to have been missed by the press - and is perhaps the reason why SFL has said nothing to date.

This is a very good point that seems to have been missed by the press - and is perhaps the reason why SFL has said nothing to date.

In that case I'm holding back with my tribute!!

If this is true -and it does seem that it is- then perhaps we've not seen the last of Frank at Chelsea just yet. New York City FC haven't yet played their first MLS game, and won't until March 2015 unless I've misunderstood.

They aren't going to have a 8 month pre-season. Frank will have to be somewhere until then.

Couldn't even start with a tribute. A Lampard-less Chelsea is unfathomable to me right now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-test-frank-lampards-3634397

Maybe this answers the question?

As an afterthought, I don't think it would hurt for a 36 year old professional athlete to take 6 months off with light training, watch his weight and strengthen his muscles, rest his bones and some serious joints and ligaments regeneration time.

Hit the training ground running a may be three months before the season starts. He has been playing the game literally all his life, this may prolong his career.

Just an idea Frank. Take sometime off, relax, travel, but avoid the footballers lifestyle, swim; Swim cross channel if you want God knows you have the stamina for that. I want you to go and kick some ass over in NY as well.

Edited by earthshine

Maybe.

I'm a sentimental old sap at heart, so struggle to believe it and suspect it's 2+2 reporting given City's association with New York City.

Fingers crossed, at my end at least, that we have another six months with Frank. We're going to have a few home grown squad slots left free, as we always do, with or without him so keeping him on for that time wouldn't have to affect recruitment this summer.

In that case I'm holding back with my tribute!!

Yeah, I can't bring myself to doing one either!

I've been thinking of a fitting tribute to Lampard and I think I've made up my mid of what I would like to see happen.

A statue of Lampard, Terry, Cech and Drogba somewhere outside of MHL/ST corner or WS/SE would be nice. Then west and east stands names after JT and Frank.

+1

Simply a legend at our beloved football club.

One of us.

Kay Burley @KayBurley · Frank #Lampard confirms he's leaving #cfc after 13 years and 648 appearances for the club.

#Lampard: 'This club has become part of my life and I have so many to thank for the opportunity'

:(