• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Frank Lampard: Legend.

I really hope everyone here understands the significance of this. Like Stan said, a landmark day in the clubs history.

Me and Stan may not agree, but I'm sure we both agree Lampard has been an iconic and legendary player for us during his 13 years here. For me there's no contest, Lampard is the best ever player at Chelsea. The titles he won, his goalscoring records and assists. His sheer consistency. 170 odd straight games or so in the PL? As an outfield player that's insane.

His individual recognitions at UEFA and FIFA levels. He was one of the five best players in world football between 2003-2008 in my view and one of the top two, maybe three between 2004-2006.

His consistency was insane and he made the difficult look easy. Not the flashiest of players but he was a machine. So efficient. Always fighting hard and always wanting, no needing, to improve.

The way he's shaped this club together with JT will be unrivalled for generations. What those two lads have done for us goes beyond imagination. They built, together with Roman, Kenyon and Jose Mourinho, the Chelsea we all enjoyed from 2003-2012.

You go with everyone's love, respect and sheer adulation. You've been a model professional and an example to every kid out there aiming to be a pro. I will tell many of your tales that I was fortunate enough to witness in the flesh to my own kids and my grandkids. I will probably shed a tear or two but I will tell them with great pride.

Good luck Frank. And please, promise that you will come back one day!

He takes people on a lot. I call it invisible dribbling, because he has usually passed or shot before anyone has noticed he has beaten the defender. Of course it is a lot harder for a defender when you have so many options to choose from.

"Invisible Dribbling" is a perfect description!

BEST. CHELSEA. PLAYER. EVER. - I don't think anything else needs to be said other than thank you so much and all the best.

Terrific player. Irreplaceable. One of a kind.

It's so sad and yet it's a day that had to come eventually.

Thank you Frank, for being world class on and off the pitch, and truly the best of luck wherever your path leads now.

What I will give to be at the Bridge the day he returns...

jones   

Emotional day. A lot to say, but difficult to come up with the perfect words.

Thank you, Frank. There is no doubt Chelsea fans will tell stories of your glory moments for decades to come. Try to pick one, without naming 2 or 3 more instantly. Impossible, cause there are so many. The penalty against Liverpool, the goals at Bolton, Villa Park ... The list goes on.

When Frank took center stage, it was always special, and always beautiful. Thanks for everything. Get back here soon.

I knew it was coming, but it's all a bit sad. It really feels like the end of an era.

I'm so glad he broke the record, and after everything and all those nearly years, we had that night in Munich.

Alongside watching the finest left back in the world give us the best years of his career, we witnessed something very special with Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba. When all those outsiders banged on about us sacking managers and their being no consistency at Chelsea, well they completely missed the point - they were our consistency. We had a spine and it was the finest backbone we've ever had.

I knew it was coming, but it's all a bit sad. It really feels like the end of an era.

I'm so glad he broke the record, and after everything and all those nearly years, we had that night in Munich.

Alongside watching the finest left back in the world give us the best years of his career, we witnessed something very special with Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba. When all those outsiders banged on about us sacking managers and their being no consistency at Chelsea, well they completely missed the point - they were our consistency. We had a spine and it was the finest backbone we've ever had.

Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba and later Cole will go down in Chelsea folklore.

Russ   

Legend.

" I just want to say something to my girls as I know they're watching. I told you Chelsea were the best team in the world and tonight they are! "