• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Frank Lampard: Legend.

It stink that Lampard is playing for a team that challenges us? Yes.

But he is Chelsea. He was with Chelsea for 13 years. He won everything there is to win. He will be remembered as Chelsea and only Chelsea. His most significant achievements came with Chelsea. He didn't leave for City at his best, he didn't leave in bad circumstances.

Celebrate the fact that he did great things and it was with Chelsea. I would happily applaud him were I at the match Saturday. He was a player I grew up watching. And I regard him as one of the best athletes ever.

Really?

And there was me thinking I was right, thanks for the insight it's much appreciated.

KTBFFH...

It's all just panto...

xCELERYx   

I hold zero ill feeling with Lampard and his situation. Sure, I'm disappointed he's ended up at City, but at the same time I'd rather them be playing there than Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd etc. When the club opted to not retain him for another year, he was within his right to make whatever move he wished. The circumstances in which it was done could have been better, but ultimately, he's done nothing wrong. Maybe because I'm used to seeing this sort of thing happen in Serie A and don't find it as uncommon. While, also knowing it's going to be a short term thing, it's not something I'll have to see for the next couple of years so can deal with it for now.

Ham   

But he is Chelsea. He was with Chelsea for 13 years. He won everything there is to win. He will be remembered as Chelsea and only Chelsea.

What if his last act is to have an Aguero moment with the last kick off the season to win the title for city? He'll be remembered as more than chelsea then.

If we were worried about that we should have kept him.

synavm   

Let him have his last hurrah (hopefully in America after this season!), the guy is a legend and I look forward to him coming back to the club in some capacity.

Edited by synavm

tradu81   

But he is Chelsea. He was with Chelsea for 13 years. He won everything there is to win. He will be remembered as Chelsea and only Chelsea. His most significant achievements came with Chelsea. He didn't leave for City at his best, he didn't leave in bad circumstances.

Celebrate the fact that he did great things and it was with Chelsea. I would happily applaud him were I at the match Saturday. He was a player I grew up watching. And I regard him as one of the best athletes ever.

He may very well be remembered as a Chelsea legend but right now that dark blue is blurry, I can only see light blue. Yes he has been here 13 years and done many great things for us, know one will ever take that away from him. The fact is that right now he s a traitor, like it or hate it, that's the way it is. My view may change once he decides to leave Man City, hoping now at the end of the season. If Chelsea don't win the EPL and lose the title to City we everyone may very well remember Lampard for his Contribution to Man City, perhaps that goal at Etihad Stadium. Time will tell, but like I said for now I see him only as a once was player for us, I commend him for his achievements but I don't regard him as the messiah. I don't regard him as a one club man, I also wouldn't say I trust him or believe what he says, I don't believe he is as loyal as he makes himself out to be.

But you know what, all the best for him where ever he is, fantastic footballer and a truly nice guy, apparently. But like he sticks it to Chelsea this season I can only see him as an enemy this season, nothing more. My affection towards him has subsided.