• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Frank Lampard: Legend.

Sciatika   

To be fair, he only had 15 mintes and they were already 5-0 down.

chara   

Funny..was wondering how I could comment on SFL and the NY "derby" yesterday..so here goes...have very little time for MLS and really can't remember the last game I bothered with but over here the NY game followed the CF so thought I might watch on the of chance SFL might make an appearance.

Well he did for the last 15 minutes but by then it was a farce....I'd forgotten what a low standard the MLS really is.....bit harsh but at times it looked more like a Sunday morning game......Bradley Wright-Phillips scored at will almost..... I watched Frank very closely when he came on and to me he was always in the right place although a bit beyond the vision of some of his team mates and he usually played the right ball....sad to see his surroundings but his class for me still showed.

11 hours ago, Diego Costa lot said:

I'm glad he's doing shite, personally. He joined Manchester City. Enough said. I still have s lot of anger/frustration over that.

Had a still-contracted Frank forced a move out of Chelsea and straight to Man City for say, a bigger pay packet, then I most likely would have agreed with you. But our club pushed him out the door (I.e., we didn't want him). Frank then signed a deal to play in the MLS (and nobody that I can remember was upset about that!). What happened after that was unfortunate I guess, and may even have had an element of pre-planning, but given the opportunity to play again in the Prem, Frank was unlikely to say 'no thanks'. I don't think that Frank did anything that you wouldn't have done, given the same circumstances.

18 hours ago, Diego Costa lot said:

I'm glad he's doing shite, personally. He joined Manchester City. Enough said. I still have s lot of anger/frustration over that.

You are happy a club legend that we pushed out of the club is doing badly, but you feel the complete opposite about Mata, a player who actually asked to leave us? 

21 hours ago, Diego Costa lot said:

Do you feel the same way about Jose almost certainly joining United?

paulw66   
3 hours ago, DaviesCFC said:

Interesting retort. 

It almost felt like Lampard went to Man City blindfolded expecting to be led on to a New York City pitch, but instead was unveiled at the Etihad, or at least his signing hand was forced.

I thought his reaction to scoring for Man City against us said it all.  It was like, what have I done.  Still a true blue (not baby blue) in my eyes.

Sir   
4 hours ago, DaviesCFC said:

Ridiculous question. Obviously!

Sir   
7 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You are happy a club legend that we pushed out of the club is doing badly, but you feel the complete opposite about Mata, a player who actually asked to leave us? 

I have a different personal opinion on Lampard than the majority. But I never discount what he did for the football club ever.

Sir   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting retort. 

How so? Jose joining Manchester United kind of speaks for itself.