• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Frank Lampard: Legend.

jangz   
2 hours ago, Sir said:

Everyone can have their own opinion. We are all allowed to express how we feel. I, personally, have a differing opinion on certain things with regard to Lampard.

Agree on that.. And you would have your reasons. All one would want is to know your reasons behind it if you would want to share. Else you would see a lot of surprised replies like mind I guess.

Frank Lampard is a legend, end of.  And doesn't deserve the stick he got for joining City, it was the club's fault for not keeping him on, he owes us nothing after all he's done for us.

Edited by blueandproud

jangz   
3 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Frank Lampard is a legend, end of.  And doesn't deserve the stick he got for joining City, it was the club's fault for not keeping him on, he owes us nothing after all he's done for us.

Who can forget the ucl semi against the scums .. Legend!!

One of the greatest midfielders EVER to play the game, in the world. Utterly disgusting of the NYC fans to jeer him.

It's Frank. That's all you need to know. 

Sciatika   

I have a favourite player for each period because it's too hard to choose over nearly 50 years. SFL is my favourite player of the 2003-2014 period. Nothing he can do will ever change that. The goals against Bolton in 2005, the strike against Everton, the goal from the byline against Barca, the UCL final goal, that ball to Droba in the smashing of Man City under Eriksen (sp?) and hundreds of other magical moments. That they are booing him will simply emphasise to him how much he is still a Chelsea player who should be welcomed home in whatever capacity,

• Like 1

xCELERYx   

So, it has now been confirmed that Lampard will be leaving NYC. Talk is a return to Chelsea if he retires, but would a sneaky playing role for the next 6 months prior be a little too much to ask if he was snapped up in January? 

Ham   

Heard a rumour about him going to Rangers now that Barton had gone. Not sure they could afford his wages though. 

On 5/24/2016 at 8:06 PM, chelsea_matt said:

One of the greatest midfielders EVER to play the game, in the world. Utterly disgusting of the NYC fans to jeer him.

It's Frank. That's all you need to know. 

I wouldn't be too happy if we were an ambitious club like NYC are and our marquee signing went back to England and then was injured a bit too often. How many bought season tickets hoping to see SFL play.

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I wouldn't be too happy if we were an ambitious club like NYC are and our marquee signing went back to England and then was injured a bit too often. How many bought season tickets hoping to see SFL play.

You could argue he would have been injured more had he not played for 6 months and turned up at NYC hugely unfit.

If you make a 35 year old your marquee signing then you have to accept he might get injured. What did booing achieve other than make them look like idiots?

As I said on another thread, if we were stupid enough to get Pato in January this year (that worked out well didn't it) is it feasible that we could do something far more sensible and get Frank for 6 months on a free. If Fabragas and Mikel go we would need a bit of short term cover so this isn't just a sentimental thing. 

Purely on a sentimental note, wouldn't it be nice to give JT and Lamps the send off they deserve at the end of the season?