• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Frank Lampard: Legend.

17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Purely on a sentimental note, wouldn't it be nice to give JT and Lamps the send off they deserve at the end of the season?

I can't quite see why we would bring back a 38 year old box to box player and let go of a 35/36 year old CB at the same time.

Moreover, if SFL comes back I'm pretty sure it will be to join the management team mainly, even if he does get a shirt number too.

^ Because he could probably do a job and because it's Frank! Come on there's got to be a little piece of you that wants to see him finish his career here?  As for JT, I would love him to be here another season but I think if you want to be realistic (which I think you do) the new system has probably done for him. If we can win the prem this year then what a way to go. 

I love both, but can't imagine how SFL has a season playing left in him while JT doesn't.
And there is enough bull **** spoken about the new system already.  It is not an exhausting system for any of the players.  We don't press high, we don't do anything special.  Much easier than the old 442 or 433 which could equally be called 262 or 253 which at least demonstrate how much work 2 CBs have to do if both FBs push forwards.  

Our current system is designed for a team that has the best players to play.  Perfect for JT or anyteam that is happy to sit back and rely on a few starts up front to get goals out of nothing or opponents mistakes.

And as I say I hope SFL finishes his career here as manager or Director of football, I'm not much bothered if he has a final 4 months on the bench.

As I have said before, 2014 was probably getting rid of Frank one year early.  But right time +/- 1 year is pretty good planning by my expectations.  Let's celebrate his past and welcome him to the coaching staff.

My preferred option is not to get rid of Fabragas or JT, but I think that's what will happen. Mikel looks dead in the water but I would have kept him until the summer as back up. So assuming that these things happen (which I hope they don't but probably will) SFL wouldn't be a bad shout in January ; as I said previously , we've done far sillier things in that transfer window.

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You could argue he would have been injured more had he not played for 6 months and turned up at NYC hugely unfit.

If you make a 35 year old your marquee signing then you have to accept he might get injured. What did booing achieve other than make them look like idiots?

I am with you but just making the observation, that there could be an understandable frustration of not seeing the great FL playing

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

^ Because he could probably do a job and because it's Frank! Come on there's got to be a little piece of you that wants to see him finish his career here?  As for JT, I would love him to be here another season but I think if you want to be realistic (which I think you do) the new system has probably done for him. If we can win the prem this year then what a way to go. 

agreed, would love to see both of them play a few games, get to feel the love before hanging up their boots and joining the backroom team. Add the Drog and Cech to that as well (not the playing time but backroom team), they all have contributed and have a lot to offer.

There would be no harm whatsoever in Frank coming back as a player for the second half of the season.

He probably wouldn't get much playing time,  but  I'd happily see him come off the bench for the final 10 minutes of tight games and I'd put my house on him scoting a few too.

Even if he didn't play at all we have lost nothing but have gained a personality in the dressing toom if nothing else.

Sea foot   

If nothing else it would give JT some help in the dressing room. We've said for a while that we've missed strong characters that can galvanise the squad. Would love to see him for a bit. Don't think he would be out of his depth.

paulw66   

Nothing against Frank, but from a playing perspective, I don't see what he would add at all at this stage in his career; not with the way Conte has set us up and the fact he has discarded 2 players in CM who aren't very mobile. 

If he is to come back back, it will be an off field role, otherwise we are admitting that releasing him in 2014 was a huge mistake. I can't see us resigning him as a player 2.5 years later.