• Current Donation Goals

Bridgejunky

Official: Cesc Fabregas Departs For Monaco

Where's the original version? What I'm reading is fairly non-descript.

Edited version:

The midfielder is leaving FC Barcelona after scoring 42 goals in 151 matches, including the 5,500th league goal in Barça history, and six medals from one Liga, one Spanish Cup, one Clubs World Cup, one European Supercup and two Spanish Supercups

Original version:

The midfielder is leaving FC Barcelona after scoring 42 goals in 151 matches. There has been a downward trend in his stats every season at the club

Absolutely he came for the money. So did Ballack. nothing wrong with that.

No, Arsenal had first option on him and they refused. That's public knowledge. He didn't choose Chelsea over Arsenal, he chose Chelsea of the remaining options after Arsenal, so he didn't choose us over Arsenal for money or any other reason.

He chose us, primarily, over Man Utd and possibly Man City. And you're not telling me they offered him less money than we did.

You need to pay for the best though, and he is a player who actually merits a big salary - he wouldn't have come here if he'd have been offered a pay cut, no. But he's a class player and you have to pay for class. I have no problem with it.

But I think it's more than just money. He wants to be at a big club, in the CL, with a chance of winning things. And we are.

Edited by James Prescott

Delighted with Cesc. Brilliant player. Hope he scores a hat trick against the Gooners this autumn :)

Delighted with Cesc. Brilliant player. Hope he scores a hat trick against the Gooners this autumn :)

At the home end at the Emirates. Yes please.

Kezza   

Cesc started first team at age 16. Does Barca or Arsenal know something we don't? Still a very big signing like Torres. Have always hoped for this.

3Sphinx   

Cesc started first team at age 16. Does Barca or Arsenal know something we don't? Still a very big signing like Torres. Have always hoped for this.

Very worried about this too.

Scooba   

People are bothered that he was in the first team at 16, I really don't get it. Kids play football from a young age and are constantly pushed to the next level. If they're good enough they move up. It doesn't mean he just stops playing football earlier in life. If anything it should be beneficial.

Edited by Scooba

cc1173   

Quite happy.

Perhaps the most clear indicator that other clubs were in fact interested is their vehement denials of that fact.