• Current Donation Goals

Bridgejunky

Official: Cesc Fabregas Departs For Monaco

What happens to Willie? I thought he had a really good season....I also hope that MvG is going to get some game time too.

But now that I've had time to think about this one, I'm even happier than when it was first announced - I pulled over immediately and texted my Chels (and Arsenal) friends :D #fabcesc

Edited by chelsea_matt

Karan   

A midfield of Matic Fabregas and Oscar can be tremendous. I'm hoping that we sign another midfielder so that we can use a three man midfield next season as often as possible.

At present our central midfield options are Matic, Ramires, Mikel, Van Ginkel, and Fabregas. Tiago is probably an imminent signing if reports are to be believed (prob will be confirmed on July 1). Throw Oscar and to a certain extent Willian into the equation and you have enough options for a 433. And for the big games you probably would expect to see the tactic adopted.

One of probably Mikel or Van Ginkel may end up leaving, the latter on loan perhaps so you're down to 5 for the 3 central slots.

One of the curious bits prior to the transfer was the supposed interest in Koke and Pogba as Mourinho's preferred choices. Curious as in they're both completely different profiles and in the end we landed Fabregas, which perhaps gives more weight to the supposed interest in Koke. Nevertheless an interesting signing to say the least and one which seems more like taking advantage of an opportunity that arose in the market. Slightly skeptical on how he'll adapt at Chelsea but then I was sceptical of the Willian signing as well.

So the Cesc Fabregas show is part of the deal then?

He's a very good player but I will never look at him as true Chelsea player. What I mean by that is there is not a drop of blue blood in his veins and probably never will be. I would much rather see Mata in a Chelsea shirt than Fabregas, and I'd much rather have a 27 year old Lampard than a 27 year old Fabregas any day of the week.

But I trust in Jose. He has the puzzle and he's putting the pieces in place one by one. Should be interesting to see the final picture.

At present our central midfield options are Matic, Ramires, Mikel, Van Ginkel, and Fabregas. Tiago is probably an imminent signing if reports are to be believed (prob will be confirmed on July 1). Throw Oscar and to a certain extent Willian into the equation and you have enough options for a 433. And for the big games you probably would expect to see the tactic adopted.

One of probably Mikel or Van Ginkel may end up leaving, the latter on loan perhaps so you're down to 5 for the 3 central slots.

One of the curious bits prior to the transfer was the supposed interest in Koke and Pogba as Mourinho's preferred choices. Curious as in they're both completely different profiles and in the end we landed Fabregas, which perhaps gives more weight to the supposed interest in Koke. Nevertheless an interesting signing to say the least and one which seems more like taking advantage of an opportunity that arose in the market. Slightly skeptical on how he'll adapt at Chelsea but then I was sceptical of the Willian signing as well.

I'm a big fan of Mikel, but I thought the way Jose left him out of his recent comments about the midfield was quite obvious. And as for Van Ginkel, I'm far from convinced he's a serious squad option to say the least.

I agree that Fabregas, Matic, Oscar and Ramires are good options though, and if we add Tiago then that's good as well. But we still need more IMO. If Ramires was a better player, and Oscar had more games at CM to convince me then I'd probably be happy with our current options. At the moment though, I don't rate Ramires at all, and I've never seen a great deal of Oscar at CM. I'm merely speculating on what it can be - the Matic Fabregas Oscar trio that is.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way