• Current Donation Goals

Bridgejunky

Official: Cesc Fabregas Departs For Monaco

I seen on MOTD that they were having a twitter survey to find out would you prefer to have Alexis Sanchez or Eden Hazard in your team with the implication that they were the two best midfielders in the league... For me Fabregas is the best in the league. Sure he does not have the all round action game of those two but he will do the simple things exceptionally well and put the ball on a plate for someone in the 6 yard box. The goal of the month highlights reel is fine to look at but its goals that win the league and Fab will get the job done against the smaller teams who defend with two close banks of 4 and they best way to break them down and get the first goal is with that killer pass that he provides. Once that is done they have to come out and try to attack and then Hazard can do his thing when he gets more space to make runs but the main main is Fabregas.

Well, Alexis and Hazard are a lot more comparable to eachother than Fabregas. But yes, he has been the best central midfielder in the league so far.

And by some distance aswell. I don't see the big deal with Fernando and Fernandinho. Toure hasn't been great. Arsenal do have some good midfielders, but are off and on. Maybe the closest rivals are Southamptons midfielders, especially Schneiderlin.

Well, Alexis and Hazard are a lot more comparable to eachother than Fabregas. But yes, he has been the best central midfielder in the league so far.

And by some distance aswell. I don't see the big deal with Fernando and Fernandinho. Toure hasn't been great. Arsenal do have some good midfielders, but are off and on. Maybe the closest rivals are Southamptons midfielders, especially Schneiderlin.

I'd have Ramsey and Toure in the conversation. Schneiderlin is outstanding though, and I think Barkley can get there as well. He gets played too high up the pitch for me, he puts in an excellent shift as a box-to-box.

Ramsey can't stay fit though, and Toure seems to have abandoned the defensive side of his game. Fabregas for me comfortably.

Scooba   

I'd have Ramsey and Toure in the conversation. Schneiderlin is outstanding though, and I think Barkley can get there as well. He gets played too high up the pitch for me, he puts in an excellent shift as a box-to-box.

Ramsey can't stay fit though, and Toure seems to have abandoned the defensive side of his game. Fabregas for me comfortably.

Haven't even noticed Ramsey playing this season, has he not been injured? Barkley isn't better than Oscar but agree that he has potential, I like his physicality - of course it takes more than that just ask Kenwyne Jones.

Wanyama is another decent saints midfielder - everything Mikel could have been and more.

Haven't even noticed Ramsey playing this season, has he not been injured? Barkley isn't better than Oscar but agree that he has potential, I like his physicality - of course it takes more than that just ask Kenwyne Jones.

Wanyama is another decent saints midfielder - everything Mikel could have been and more.

Yeah Ramsey was for about 3 weeks, hence my last sentence. Still played all but one game in the league this season though apparently, just been used as a sub in the last three coming back into it. He was the difference in the first few games, before Sanchez started doing his thing.

I think Barkley can be in the mould of Gerrard. Don't know about his football IQ, but he's a powerful player.

With Mourinho stating Fabregas played injured today and might miss the next game, how do people think we will line up without him?

I personally feel as though he is the biggest loss to the team given the lack of adequate replacements for his position.

We could play Oscar deeper in the midfield but I doubt Mourinho would go with a midfield two with him and Matic, maybe we would play three in the midfield with Ramires as well? But then again Ramires might also be injured.

I think the area in general is pretty problematic, we obviously have Mikel and Ake but they do not provide similar attributes to Fabregas, something that we really lacked last season but have been lucky enough to have Fabregas perform so far this season.

Personally I think we should be looking for another player of his ilk in January.

bert19   

Ruled out of international friendlies...woop.

MRI scan actually shows improvement and no tear....double woop.

Hopefully 10 days or so of chilling out will do him good then!

Khobar   

Spain doing us a favour this time out. Most welcome.

Spain doing us a favour this time out. Most welcome.

Resting Costa and Fabregas.

Given the neglect Cesc received at Barcelona, the fact he's already won a world cup with two Euro's... And the fact that Del Bosque just imitates Barcelona's style... I wish he'd tell em where to stick it, permanently :)