• Current Donation Goals

Bridgejunky

Official: Cesc Fabregas Joins Chelsea

It's quite embarrassing though from the stats we have no one that knows how to play a through ball.

Mikel when he wants to, Matic is excellent at it (though just like Mikel early on he has become a target to steal the ball off if he raises his head, so he has cut down a lot), Fabregas. Plus Terry and even Cahill.

Mikel when he wants to

Yes, and Torres scores when he wants too.

downtown   

It's quite embarrassing though from the stats we have no one that knows how to play a through ball. I would have thought this would be the primary skill requirement of a balanced midfield but it just shows how one dimensional our midfield has been. And still this season we have just 1 player capable of doing anything like a through ball, in the entire team. I do think the club could still do much better like removing players who don't add value like Mikel and add another Khedira or Alonso type of player. Otherwise I'd like to think tht Oscar can be an option in a deeper role as well like Fabregas. I believe he's got a good passing range and definitely good engine. We gotta stop playing 2 or 3 defensive minded mids in central midfield.

The 2009-2010 tally shows only Frank with a high 20 and a better accuracy than Fabregas. None of our other players make the top 20 list.Yet we managed to set the record for the most goals scored something even City and Liverpool found hard to beat last season and we played some really good stuff. Better movement and good build up play is really the more pressing concern and is what we lack imo despite having more flair players around now.

Edited by downtown

He's just phenomenal, what a signing for us

Best signing in Europe this season.

I know it's early but he'll make all the difference for us. His first 45 mins for us in a competitive match has been nothing but pure jizz time. His awereness, his touch, his vision. Insane footballer. How could Arsenal not find a place for him?

As expected him, Hazard and Oscar is a pure joy to watch together. Especially how Oscar and Fabregas are covering for each other - the 4231/433 hybrid some of us has talked about. The ground Oscar covers in the central corridor is unmatched in the PL.

Naught   

Wow wow wow!!! What a signing and what a pass!!!!

I always knew Fabregas was good, but wasn't 100% sure he'd fit in.

How wrong I was about that..... greatest summer signing, par Costa!!

Insane performance. I think the competition in the BPL suits him more than La Liga. It drives him. Thought he was utter dross for Barca at times, but he looks like a player reborn under Jose. Think he can once again become one of the best midfielders in World Football.

cam4blue   

I know it's early but he'll make all the difference for us. His first 45 mins for us in a competitive match has been nothing but pure jizz time. His awereness, his touch, his vision. Insane footballer. How could Arsenal not find a place for him?

As expected him, Hazard and Oscar is a pure joy to watch together. Especially how Oscar and Fabregas are covering for each other - the 4231/433 hybrid some of us has talked about. The ground Oscar covers in the central corridor is unmatched in the PL.

What I liked was how him and Oscar covered each other's deficiencies so well. Those two will enjoy each playing with other, slipping into each others roles and interchanging really intelligently.

One thing I noticed was how the team already look to him; need something special to happen? Pop it to Cesc. Don't know what to do with the ball? Pop it to Cesc. He already looks like a leader in this team.

He'll obviously get targeted by the oppo far more often as the season goes on, but that'll stop them doing it to Hazard and the likes so; whatever.

Sarin   

It would seem Jose has told Oscar, Cesc and Mikel to be fluid through that central midfield.

Oscar dropped deep a lot, often making it 3 deep midfielders when creating play, and covering Cesc numerous times that Cesc moved forward.

It also allowed Hazard and Shurrle to come inside more often and play more of a free role.

Azpi and Ivanovic going past them on the wing when required.

Looked much better.

What I liked was how him and Oscar covered each other's deficiencies so well. Those two will enjoy each playing with other, slipping into each others roles and interchanging really intelligently.

One thing I noticed was how the team already look to him; need something special to happen? Pop it to Cesc. Don't know what to do with the ball? Pop it to Cesc. He already looks like a leader in this team.

He'll obviously get targeted by the oppo far more often as the season goes on, but that'll stop them doing it to Hazard and the likes so; whatever.

Yep - spot on with that.