• Current Donation Goals

Bridgejunky

Official: Cesc Fabregas Leaves For Monaco

Goodbye Cesc and good luck.  Cesc was a quality player, he might not run around like a  headless chicken or be the most mobile but what a fantastic passer of the ball he was, arguably the best passing midfielder of the last 15-20 years.  And he's not afraid to pass forwards, unlike so many who fart around playing backwards and sideways passes that don't mean anything.  He will be missed.

3 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Goodbye Cesc and good luck.  Cesc was a quality player, he might not run around like a  headless chicken or be the most mobile but what a fantastic passer of the ball he was, arguably the best passing midfielder of the last 15-20 years.  And he's not afraid to pass forwards, unlike so many who fart around playing backwards and sideways passes that don't mean anything.  He will be missed.

^^^^^^^

This. We'll be poorer for his going, and I wish him all the best at Monaco.

chara   
3 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Second that...not my favourite Chelsea player of all time but I do appreciate what he gave to the club. Wish him well and glad he left with dignity and well wishes.

Looks like Henri has been sacked after only 3 months

26 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Looks like Henri has been sacked after only 3 months

I read suspended.  There was an odd report recently that Henry had told a large but unspecified number of players ("too many to name") to stay away from training because he wanted to work with a committed core.
I guess suspension follows from that.

Tricky for blue eyed newcomer, Fabregas, or proposed new loanee Bats.
I wonder where Enemalo is in amongst all this.  Or indeed what the ME hate club have decided has happened.

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I read suspended.  There was an odd report recently that Henry had told a large but unspecified number of players ("too many to name") to stay away from training because he wanted to work with a committed core.
I guess suspension follows from that.

Tricky for blue eyed newcomer, Fabregas, or proposed new loanee Bats.
I wonder where Enemalo is in amongst all this.  Or indeed what the ME hate club have decided has happened.

"The Ligue 1 strugglers announced on Thursday he had been suspended, but BBC Sport understands that is merely procedural and that the France World Cup winner has already left the club." - BBC web site

kev61   

He never struck me as someone that would be successful in management even if he had coaching badges coming out of his ears.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I wonder where Enemalo is in amongst all this.  Or indeed what the ME hate club have decided has happened.

A wonderfully apt misspelling.

Probably skulking around trying to avoid his role in the carnage that's unfolding. Daily Telegraph speculating he's on his way out with Henry.

He's been a disaster of a DofF for them. Didn't surprise me one bit, as I think the man's a fraud. Got covered by the great managers and spine of a team we had.

Gotta feel a bit for Cesc though, rumour that Jardim is going to come back in to replace Henry.

43 minutes ago, East Lower said:

A wonderfully apt misspelling.

🤣

(I actually think he was decent here)

Henry was caught on camera making spurious accusations about an oppo players grandmothers profession in their recent 5-1 defeat, suspect they've seized on that as an excuse to get rid.

Jardim reports from bbc - Leonardo Jardim still lives in Monaco and sees the players in the street when he goes to the bakery gives me mental images of some kind of Monaco billionaires hovis advert from the 90s