Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

World Cup 2014

785 posts in this topic

Andy Townsend, what a dork. Great game by Oscar though.

They should have had Sepultura do the opening though and not J-Lo.

Not one for consipircy theories , but that penalty was suspicious for me. I thought the ref was ok overall, but I just got the feeling he was looking to give Brazil something at the slightest opportunity. As soon as it happened, I expected him to give it and the speed in which he did give it too.

Host nation need to do well to keep the tournament momentum going, especially taking into account incidents that had happened earlier in the day.

Think Sepp might have had a word !

Andy Townsend, what a dork. Great game by Oscar though.

They should have had Sepultura do the opening though and not J-Lo.

Ha ha that would have been worth watching. A rousing version of 'Roots, bloody roots' would have been immense!

Nice assist for Ramires right at the end.

Only watched bits and highlights, but the three decisions the ref is getting blamed for I thought were OK.

The Neymar elbow, could have been Red but probably shouldn't, and lets face it, most refs bottle that kind of decision completely and give nothing.

The penalty is technically a penalty - and is essentially a piece of massive unnecessary stupidity by the defender. If you re not going to pull a player back, don't grab them.

And the foul on the keeper - most refs give fouls for challenges on the keeper except where the ball goes straight in. It is done to discourage challenges on keepers at no cost to the striker. The ref blew quickly, and 9 refs out of 10 would have done the same.

I'm so glad we got rid of Eto'o, that greedy bastard. Let's hope Mexico trash them well today.

Who do they think they are, this Cameroonian bunch of c****s? An utter disgrace to their nation, is what this team is. The people back home is starving, while these arrogant and filthy rich pricks moan about their "poor" participation payments from the Cameroonian FA, they don't want to accept their national flag from their president, criticize their employers in public with no reason whatsoever etc.

Absolutely disgusting.

I'm obviously rooting for England now that Finland yet again didn't qualify, with my sympathies also going out to Bosnia, Ivory Coast and to some extent the US.

Not one for consipircy theories , but that penalty was suspicious for me. I thought the ref was ok overall, but I just got the feeling he was looking to give Brazil something at the slightest opportunity. As soon as it happened, I expected him to give it and the speed in which he did give it too.

Host nation need to do well to keep the tournament momentum going, especially taking into account incidents that had happened earlier in the day.

Think Sepp might have had a word !

The ref was very lenient on tough challenges all game letting the game run. Then he gives the softest foul all night and runs around the penalty box looking very excited. The Croatians have said that he refused to talk to them in English after the decision was made.

The ref was very lenient on tough challenges all game letting the game run. Then he gives the softest foul all night and runs around the penalty box looking very excited. The Croatians have said that he refused to talk to them in English after the decision was made.

Definately something a bit dodgy imo. As you say, he was fairly leniant throughout, personally, I like to see this as after all it is a man's contact sport.

So it just didn't make sense to give one of the softest penalties I have ever seen, you can give that if you dont want a contact sport. Its funny you mention the run around the penalty box, it looked weird at the time and just added to the suspicion of an awful decision.

Loved Luiz's passion during that Anthem, one of the big things we'll miss with him going.

Loved Luiz's passion during that Anthem, one of the big things we'll miss with him going.

I agree he was the one player in our squad who went round geeing up team mates. Without him we're in danger of becoming an introvert bunch of individuals.

Azpilicueta starting as RB for Spain.

Did people expect this?