Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

World Cup 2014

785 posts in this topic

As the "international football" thread is still locked I suppose this is the closest one to post in.

Platini the frog has been out embarrassing himself again. He claims players like Ribery, Lahm etc have no right to retire from international football and that they will be banned from club football if they refuse an international call-up.

Lost for words. Just scrap UEFA and FIFA alltogether. No rhyme or reason. Ever.

As I read it, he said that Lahm (30, a defender) did have the right, but Ribery (31. speedy winger) did not.

I guess this was in his "ex France manager" mode.

I couldn't put it anywhere else and had to get it off my chest so here goes.

England has conquered the mighty Slovenia. And with broke record; No losses in the entire year. What is even better is that 16 of the last 22 goals have been scored by either ManU or Arsenal players.

When Wayne Rooney scored that goal that saved a million blushes, he celebrated it more than Schurrle celebrated his assist in that god awful final against Argentinians.

The entire media has gone off to use the [find-replace] names function to rehash/re-publish the people pleasing drivel from a few years ago.

Nothing changes.

Saw that Keown said that Jack Wilshire "was back" and that he's got "everything a footballer needs".

Typical overreaction from the English press. It's so embarrassing.

I watched the England game. I can see why Liverpool see Jordan Henderson as Stevie Me's natural heir and successor... gave the ball away countless times, tried "Hollywood" passes that never found their intended target; all that was missing was him falling over and/or scoring an own goal. Surely the 21st century's answer to Carlton Palmer!