Forum Administrator

Club announce new stadium plans

1,150 posts in this topic

Still early days but I am feeling excited about the prospect.

Excellent..... Would hate to leave but we need a bigger capacity

When they were trying to buy shares back so we can move to another location they said expansion was impossible. What changed between then and now?

When they were trying to buy shares back so we can move to another location they said expansion was impossible. What changed between then and now?

I was thinking the exact same thing. And Bruce Bucks behaviour is still very fresh in my mind.

That meeting really opened my eyes. Ron Gourlay isn't nearly as bad as people want to make out.

Not as good as Kenyon but not far off would my estimation be.

Fantastic news.

RE the change in stance at the club, wasn't there a statement that came out from the council shortly after we announced we were looking at Battersea that basically said the council believed it was viable and they wanted discussions with the club? Perhaps doors have been opened and it's genuinely become a viable option when it wasn't previously? All speculation at the moment.

Edited by synavm

seriously need a bigger stadium.

I was thinking the exact same thing. And Bruce Bucks behaviour is still very fresh in my mind.

That meeting really opened my eyes. Ron Gourlay isn't nearly as bad as people want to make out.

Not as good as Kenyon but not far off would my estimation be.

Explain?

I don't know if they said "impossible"; 60,000 would require playing at a different stadium for 3 years and 55,000 would be extremely expensive to the point where they didn't want to do it.

As for what changed; the obvious one is that the local council went from Conservative to Labour.

Possibly would include an incorporated new district line station?