Forum Administrator

Club announce new stadium plans

1,071 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2017 at 4:05 PM, Conte Kante said:

Is there not some clause that Wembley has with Brent council (I think this is the right council) that means that they can stage as many events - or a serious number of events - at Wembley so long as the the capacity is at around the 50,000 mark? Additionally, whilst I can see the locals not liking it that much, I am sure the businesses would welcome the additional income. Obviously, it may be a case that with Spuds in there next season, it will be case of only one club at a time.

As for the Mayor's decision, I was under the impression that his recommendations could be met fairly easily and that we can resubmit fairly soon. Or am I mistaken? 

Either way, I am expecting 2017/18 to see us at the Bridge. 

There is a clause (can't recall the exact details of how many events at what capacity) but around the time of the announcement regarding the decision by the council, there was a session in Brent Council where extending the number of large events at Wembely was discussed. no idea what came of it, but I think that had as much to do with more gigs, NFL, boxing etc, than anything just football specific. 

On 25/01/2017 at 3:09 PM, NoblyBobly said:

I was in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago. I had a very nice coffee and sandwich in a bar owned by Pedro's dad! He looks the spitting image of Pedro but a middle aged version. 

Very jealous of your weather right now. 

Should have called me, He is from san isidro I think which is 10 mins from me. Which bar was you in?

1 hour ago, r.bartlett said:

Should have called me, He is from san isidro I think which is 10 mins from me. Which bar was you in?

I think it was called Shell Los Olivos. It was next to a shell petrol station not far from the main motorway/dual carriage way thing heading west from Las Americanos. It has all Pedros photos up in there. It was actually very cheap drink and very good food... full of Spanish locals which is always a good sign.

I have several friends who work in bars as compares/entertaiment hosts out there so it's nice to go out and say hi now and again. It sure is a nice lifestyle! 

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think it was called Shell Los Olivos. It was next to a shell petrol station not far from the main motorway/dual carriage way thing heading west from Las Americanos. It has all Pedros photos up in there. It was actually very cheap drink and very good food... full of Spanish locals which is always a good sign.

I have several friends who work in bars as compares/entertaiment hosts out there so it's nice to go out and say hi now and again. It sure is a nice lifestyle! 

we are blessed with a vast amount of decent eateries from top down. I shall pop in soon, esp if I can take my oppo' who is a life long gooner

3 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

we are blessed with a vast amount of decent eateries from top down. I shall pop in soon, esp if I can take my oppo' who is a life long gooner

Wow that's tough, although Mrs Nobbly is a Manure supporter ever since she decided she fancied Ryan Giggs many years ago (crucially before he started shagging his brothers wife). I don't think she's even been to Manchester let alone Old Trafford . She now fantasizes that she's got Jose's number on her mobile phone and pretends to text him during games with instructions. She's a bit odd my wife. 

Mine has a thing about the small but apparently perfectly formed Juan Mata: it takes all sorts, Nobly. I should add in balance that she loathes José with a vehemence close to pathological (something to do with Eva something), and would sooner be dead than standing in the wrong end of SB. The only woman I've ever known who actually asked to be taken to an away match as a Mother's Day treat (to be fair, it was the only way she could spend it with me).

My GF has no interest in football. Best way.

My wife has no interest whatsoever but she understands that if Chelsea is playing then the wifi, tv, laptop, iPad or whatever is mine and nothing else gets done.

14 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

My GF has no interest in football. Best way.

One of the first questions I ask the ladies. A negative is a positive in my book....

Confess I don't get your argument: I have always preferred marital understanding to silence. Not a word from JaneB yet, though: dare I invite the views of the 'silent majority'?