Forum Administrator

Club announce new stadium plans

Sciatika   

^ Part of documentation presented to LBHF planning committee

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

^ Part of documentation presented to LBHF planning committee

cheers.

I don't have an issue with the ST thing (largely because I have one!)

The big problem the club has is that we have 100k odd members and only about 8 or 9k available per home game. That needs to increase, which it is. 

Sciatika   

The other problem is that we have less than the recommended quota of disability seating, which is also being addressed.

Holymoly   
5 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I found it. More expensive seats with a programme and a drink?

Football tourism then...

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

cheers.

I don't have an issue with the ST thing (largely because I have one!)

The big problem the club has is that we have 100k odd members and only about 8 or 9k available per home game. That needs to increase, which it is. 

Yeah, the problem with having large amount of ST's is that it becomes an absolute bun fight for Cup Finals and Away games. However, I appreciate I am saying this as a current ST holder of 16 years. 

Anyone know if there is any truth in this? It was a hot topic around the Bridge yesterday. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3230253/chelsea-in-london-stadium-talks-with-west-ham-over-potential-groundshare-for-three-years/

Its closest station is Stratford, but apparently there are plans for a new station at Pudding Mill Lane, which is closer to the ground. Did a bit of due diligence on the London Stadium (ok, looked at Wikipedia) and found this:

"The name of the station is taken from the nearby Pudding Mill Lane which, in turn, takes its name from the former Pudding Mill River, a minor tributary of the River Lea. This is believed to have taken its name from St. Thomas's Mill, a local water mill shaped like a pudding and commonly known as Pudding Mill. The area had also been called Knob Hill up until the 1890s."

Given that it's West Ham's ground, the old name seems most appropriate.

9 hours ago, blue moon said:

Anyone know if there is any truth in this? It was a hot topic around the Bridge yesterday. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3230253/chelsea-in-london-stadium-talks-with-west-ham-over-potential-groundshare-for-three-years/

Its closest station is Stratford, but apparently there are plans for a new station at Pudding Mill Lane, which is closer to the ground. Did a bit of due diligence on the London Stadium (ok, looked at Wikipedia) and found this:

"The name of the station is taken from the nearby Pudding Mill Lane which, in turn, takes its name from the former Pudding Mill River, a minor tributary of the River Lea. This is believed to have taken its name from St. Thomas's Mill, a local water mill shaped like a pudding and commonly known as Pudding Mill. The area had also been called Knob Hill up until the 1890s."

Given that it's West Ham's ground, the old name seems most appropriate.

I thought about this article yesterday, or at least the earlier Times article  printed on the front of the sports pages although it was actually part of a diary column - it seemed a bit odd.  I thought about it again, and it bothered me more.  I thought about it a third time yesterday, nearly posted about it, and then decided it might be an April fool joke and I'd only look silly.

Still not sure about it, but hoping it was an April fools joke.

the sun announced it wasn't an April fool which they wouldn't do if if were..

Ham   

Anything would be preferable to Wembley for me.  ANYTHING!