Forum Administrator

Club announce new stadium plans

1,147 posts in this topic

Happy birthday Stamford Bridge. 140 years and going strong. Has hosted some amazing days/nights and looks like it is going to host some more for another 140 years.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Happy birthday Stamford Bridge. 140 years and going strong. Has hosted some amazing days/nights and looks like it is going to host some more for another 140 years.

Even at its worst, it doesn't look a day over 44.  

Edited by Ham

On 03/04/2017 at 10:22 PM, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/Stamford-bridge-expansion-new-views-12829520

Another beautiful new CGI video of the new Bridge from Neil Vano.

Am I the only person not waiting with bated breath on the first game at the new stadium?

When they released the revised seating allocations it was dismaying to see few additional season ticket seats while the "tourist tickets" and the "corporates" see a huge increase. I'm just waiting for the first mention in the media of how it's all been a waste of money when the second half starts with 9,000 empty seats because the coroprates are still eating their prawn sandwiches. I realise it's economics but it will be soul destroying if we end up with a cavernous, echoing barn of a place half full with Japanese waving plastic flags.

No, you're not alone, Holy. And where will the reassigned ST seats be - similar position? I've kind of got used to the crowd I've sat with over the last 15 years, and like the position in the ground. And will the Shed End be where the West is now, or will it stay geographically the same place, in which case it will be the new East (if you follow me)? There are a lot of imponderables. I do understand the importance of a sound economic case, but Wembley always reminds me of what could be. And don't get me started on those damn flags - I vividly remember being unable to see the penalties at Prague a few years ago, thanks to the antics of the Japanese to my right. It took very some carefully worded advice before they stopped, having been reminded how pleasant it is to be able to sit down without discomfort. Lets hope the flags only come out on special occasions, and the corporate boxes can be converted into seats for normal fans when demand for avocado dips and chicken wraps is low.

Posted (edited)

On 2017-5-1 at 1:38 PM, blue moon said:

No, you're not alone, Holy. And where will the reassigned ST seats be - similar position? I've kind of got used to the crowd I've sat with over the last 15 years, and like the position in the ground. And will the Shed End be where the West is now, or will it stay geographically the same place, in which case it will be the new East (if you follow me)? There are a lot of imponderables. I do understand the importance of a sound economic case, but Wembley always reminds me of what could be. And don't get me started on those damn flags - I vividly remember being unable to see the penalties at Prague a few years ago, thanks to the antics of the Japanese to my right. It took very some carefully worded advice before they stopped, having been reminded how pleasant it is to be able to sit down without discomfort. Lets hope the flags only come out on special occasions, and the corporate boxes can be converted into seats for normal fans when demand for avocado dips and chicken wraps is low.

I think, and anyone correct me if I am wrong, that when first proposing the new stadium it was mentioned that ST holders would be placed in a similar area to where they are now (both at the new SB and Wembley) if they wanted to be. 

For me the most important thing for atmosphere at the stadium is to do two things: 

1) Create a new section behind the goal for ST holders that want to sing and shout each match. This is important as it will provide a concentrated base for the songs to start and also a place where people can stand (as this is always going to happen) and thus not effect the experience of tourist types, which then causes friction.

2) Ensure they get the acoustics right.

If they do that I will be happy as it will allow me to go to an area I, and other like minded supporters, will be happy with and not 'ruin' the experience for the sit down, shut up/tourist brigade, while in addition actually improving the atmosphere from what we have now as it is not great if truth be told. I say this as a ST holder of 16 going on 17 years.

Edited by Conte Kante

http://dailym.ai/2sWirvI

It's definitely going to happen. No surprise that the dippers voted against, given their record on terraces. 

16 hours ago, Ham said:

http://dailym.ai/2sWirvI

It's definitely going to happen. No surprise that the dippers voted against, given their record on terraces. 

Well if Liverpool hadn't have had standing in the first place, we wouldn't be having this discussion

Makes sense that everyone else can go back to it

not sure we actually need a new stadium now is SS is approved. not sure of the numbers but an increase of 20k shouldn't be impossible with only minor upgrades to the ground and access improvements.

Poo are against it for obvious reasons but I suspect that will change over time and the supporters will slowly push for a reintroduction if they see it as a success at other clubs. Then someone will say "It's what they would have wanted" and SS will be introduced small scale for the first season then all out the following.

How does having safe standing deal with the egress issues?