• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Club announce new stadium plans

I think the buildings on the Fulham Road are listed and the STOLL piece did mention that their land will be reduced and that they'll have a taller building with less gardens. So it makes sense that the darker, bland buildings you mention would be the ones to go. Given the lack of space I'd guess that we'll be widening the concourses at that point to facilitate egress, rather than plonking any extra buildings in the newly-created spaces.

Ham   
2 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

I think the buildings on the Fulham Road are listed and the STOLL piece did mention that their land will be reduced and that they'll have a taller building with less gardens. So it makes sense that the darker, bland buildings you mention would be the ones to go. Given the lack of space I'd guess that we'll be widening the concourses at that point to facilitate egress, rather than plonking any extra buildings in the newly-created spaces.

I'm not sure my post was clear enough CB.  The area at the back of the Stoll buildings is on the left of the ground and we know that the club is acquiring this. That's additional land for the build. 

I'm referring to the unusual buildings which appear to have been plonked in the back gardens of the white buildings south of the ground. 

I hadn't even noticed them until yesterday. 

If we can increase the footprint of the ground then we could squeeze in the single tier home end and still have 60k. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I'm not sure my post was clear enough CB.  The area at the back of the Stoll buildings is on the left of the ground and we know that the club is acquiring this. That's additional land for the build. 

I'm referring to the unusual buildings which appear to have been plonked in the back gardens of the white buildings south of the ground. 

I hadn't even noticed them until yesterday. 

If we can increase the footprint of the ground then we could squeeze in the single tier home end and still have 60k. 

All the plans and architects drawings have been done, assessed and accepted by the local council, etc.  I really don't think they're going to make such a major change (as introducing a single tier stand where a multi-tier stand has currently been planned) at this late stage; especially as such a change would probably require starting the whole planning application process again.

Ham   
26 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

All the plans and architects drawings have been done, assessed and accepted by the local council, etc.  I really don't think they're going to make such a major change (as introducing a single tier stand where a multi-tier stand has currently been planned) at this late stage; especially as such a change would probably require starting the whole planning application process again.

Actually if you have a look at the skyscraper city site you'll see that the plans are being amended because we've just acquired a big parcel of land at the Stoll Building. They're knocking it all down and building a high rise near Fulham road instead. 

This frees up land at the back which is being sold to cfc. 

On the subject of the single tier stand, and as this is an interior feature, this wouldn't concern all of the usual players like tfl/neighbours etc. Just h&s primarily. 

The purchase at this late stage of the Stoll land opened a discussion as to whether other land was being sought next to the ground and these buildings look prime for discussion. 

Absurdly, and given the complexity of this build, tweaking plans and additional space acquired could actually reduce the cost and timescales. 

As for the plans and given the detail that goes into them and money spent on them, I'd imagine there are already alternative back up plans which have been discussed subject to extra available land. 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:37 AM, East Lower said:

This is MoanU supporters calling for SS. Not sure which club has already submitted an application but it is going to happen. The tide is turning, there is resistance but it's almost inevitable.(IMHO allegedly etc etc) 

SS must be included within any new proposals if the new stadium is to go ahead but  if it could be implemented into the existing Bridge with amended access/egress inside and out then that's a 1 billion saving ..

Whilst a shiny new stadium might seem a nice idea 5, 10 or even 20 years ago. With revenues falling and TV dying as an industry -ask a 16 yr old when they last watched TV?- it might just be an expensive millstone around our necks.. If we can shoehorn a fancy stadium on the existing foot print then SS should be a cakewalk.

"SAFE STANDING

'The inclusion of safe standing capacity, in key areas including the Stretford End, is wanted by many supporters and would be an important enabler for co-locating larger groups of friends and for cheaper ticket prices.

'Having recently become aware that at least one other Premier League club has already submitted a formal application to the authorities for the go-ahead to install rail seats, we believe that Manchester United should show similar leadership by also making an application for consent to install a limited number of rail seats on a trial basis.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5391537/Man-United-urged-slash-Stretford-End-ticket-prices.html

Is the source:

Manchester United have been urged to slash prices in the Stretford End in a bid to correct the sterile Old Trafford atmosphere.

In an open letter to managing director Richard Arnold, the club's supporters' trust, MUST, also indicated they hope United submit an application to install rail seats.

Not much of an advance really, especially since according to the article Man U have recently put plans for an expansion on ice.  I reckon they have got more hope of Man U slashing seat prices.

synavm   

Bet you it's Spurs that have done the safe standing application for their single tier stand in their new stadium. Not going to lie, I'm envious.

Ham   
6 hours ago, synavm said:

Bet you it's Spurs that have done the safe standing application for their single tier stand in their new stadium. Not going to lie, I'm envious.

Almost certainly Spurs because they've asked for planning permission to extend to 63000 even at this very late stage. Any extra 2000.