• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Club announce new stadium plans

Sciatika   

When the new stadium comes, I wonder whether I'll get an ST so I can become one of those boring old farts I used to moan about. :-)

You and me both, Sciatica. If my maths (and cynical estimation) is correct I’ll be about 72 by the time the Cathedral of Football is a reality. Hope they build in access for zimmers, with my luck we’ll finally get safe standing just as my knees give out. But an ST is a must: last memories of the mighty blues gained at the Wembley Crematorium? Not a chance!

My dream is for us to lift the CL at our new stadium ;) I’m certain we’ll become part of the list of stadiums to host finals. The look of our ground from the outside is going to be one of the most iconic in the World, possibly THE most iconic. 

My worry is how close the seats will be to the pitch and the acoustics. In theory, since the stands will all be interconnected (unlike now) this should help the atmosphere. The distance of seats will be a big deal, they need to make the inside of the stadium still feel like The Bridge. 

And they need need need to encourage vocal support behind the goals. They need to be overt and call MHL and The Shed singing sections. Oh and ideally both those stands (or at least 1 of them) need to be single tier. 

asvaberg   
On 19.3.2018 at 1:34 AM, Conte Kante said:

Sssh!!!!!!! Do not say such things! (Even if they are true......!!!!!) You are obviosuly under-educated and do you not know that lots of European people - especially the Scandinavians' - have it better than British people because the evil/fascist Tories just give money to the rich and that if we were more progressive like our European brethren we could all be dancing around the rainbow hand in hand in a socalistic utopia!!!!!! 

It is so true that I am under-educated, but nevertheless I am still on a decent salary at decent work hours :)

Just reading he actual attendance figures for Man City. Personally I'd be worried about spending 1B on a new stadium ..I don't think the maths add up anymore (if they ever did of course)

• Like 1

Ham   
2 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

Just reading he actual attendance figures for Man City. Personally I'd be worried about spending 1B on a new stadium ..I don't think the maths add up anymore (if they ever did of course)

It's much more than a straight financial decision. This is Roman's vanity project too. A statement.

People should stop worrying about the cost because Roman is paying about half and naming rights will take care of the test. 

58 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's much more than a straight financial decision. This is Roman's vanity project too. A statement.

People should stop worrying about the cost because Roman is paying about half and naming rights will take care of the test. 

I don't think it is a vanity project - the club turned out to be a commercial project, not a vanity project.  Only the Academy turns out to be for vanity, and that was probably a mis-judgement.

£1bn is just not on.  Makes no sense.  Especially at a time when politicians are threatening Russians with asset freezes an the US is sticking missiles in Poland.

I'm not really sure where the increase to £1bn rumour came from.  But right now it looks like excuse making for not going ahead.  Can't say I blame RA for that.

Ham   
15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't think it is a vanity project - the club turned out to be a commercial project, not a vanity project.  Only the Academy turns out to be for vanity, and that was probably a mis-judgement.

£1bn is just not on.  Makes no sense.  Especially at a time when politicians are threatening Russians with asset freezes an the US is sticking missiles in Poland.

I'm not really sure where the increase to £1bn rumour came from.  But right now it looks like excuse making for not going ahead.  Can't say I blame RA for that.

Recent events have changed the outlook but these plans have been in place for many years.

We are apparently still buying up land around SB so I'm not sure why you'd be of the belief that Roman had become less intent on building his behemoth of a stadium.

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

We are apparently still buying up land around SB so I'm not sure why you'd be of the belief that Roman had become less intent on building his behemoth of a stadium.

Because of the £bn rumour - as cause or symptom

Sea foot   

This will go ahead and it will be awesome. I base this on the same info that everyone else has.