Forum Administrator

Club announce new stadium plans

1,106 posts in this topic

I noticed today that Man City are putting through plans to further increase their capacity and plan to use a large part of the increase to introduce more affordable season tickets (£300 per season). I hope that Chelsea take note of this.

They can't fill their current stadium to be fair. Even for title deciding games.

Edited by Kneel for 1

I noticed today that Man City are putting through plans to further increase their capacity and plan to use a large part of the increase to introduce more affordable season tickets (£300 per season). I hope that Chelsea take note of this.

How many league games did Chelsea fail to sell out in?

They can't fill their current stadium to be fair. Even for title deciding games.

Which is absolutely hilarious and sad at the same time. They (the fans) didn't deserve to win the league. Only about 85% full for one of the midweek games in the last three remaining games...

How many league games did Chelsea fail to sell out in?

It's not the point, in Germany they don't see the need to fleece there fans just because they can. I remember reading an interview with one of their directors last season and he said that they could easily increase their prices and still sell out, yet they don't because even if they did increase prices by £100 for a season that would only increase revenue by £5,000,000 which for a club of there size wouldn't make that much of an impact, yet for the average Joe in the street it is a lot.

City's average league attendance last season was 47,080. That's 99.31% of their 47,405 capacity. By comparison our average of 41,482 was 99.15% of capacity. City seem to be doing OK on seat sales.

I remember there was a fuss at one game where some co-commentator was bemoaning an attendance of 47,000 odd and describing it as thousands below capacity but he'd just got that wrong. Maybe he got his wires crossed momentarily and had the St James Park capacity in mind.

Isn't this stuff about Man.C.not selling all their home tickets a myth brought on by the fact that they can't use all the stadium due to restrictions imposed by the council or something?

City's average league attendance last season was 47,080. That's 99.31% of their 47,405 capacity. By comparison our average of 41,482 was 99.15% of capacity. City seem to be doing OK on seat sales.

I remember there was a fuss at one game where some co-commentator was bemoaning an attendance of 47,000 odd and describing it as thousands below capacity but he'd just got that wrong. Maybe he got his wires crossed momentarily and had the St James Park capacity in mind.

The game I'm referring to City claimed was nearly sold out. Maybe the tickets were, but they didn't show up.

The game I'm referring to City claimed was nearly sold out. Maybe the tickets were, but they didn't show up.

Ah OK.

Sales and attendance are two different things, just look at the Emirates.