• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Club announce new stadium plans

bluepuma   

All of the plans and documents that accompanied the Planning Application can be found on the LBHF website, here:

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Environment_and_Planning/Regeneration/Regeneration_projects/198181_Stamford_Bridge_Grounds_planning_application.asp

There's a link to all of the drawings and other documents on that page (they seem to take a while to open, probably a few curious eyes giving them the once-over after the Mail's piece today).

Tons there for those who are so inclined to look; this is quite a good one though', with two cross-sections through the existing and proposed stadia. (E-W and N-S)

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/files/D03B462F143BD0686B0C86AB5705803F/pdf/2015_05050_FUL-LONG_SECTIONS_-_EXISTING___PROPOSED-1562804.pdf (opens a pdf file)

It shows

- how the pitch level will be lower than existing.

- a better idea of how the East stand will span the railway line

- gives some idea of which areas will be for hospitality, versus "general admission" (see the colour coding)

Exciting times!

Vinod   

Looks like I need to expedite my much delayed UK visit. Need to see at least one game at the Bridge before it comes down.

GURJ SS   

A new stadium will be nice, plus we do need to expand to the 60k mark if we are to stay amongst the other big teams, but I think funds for transfers should be top priority at the moment.

Without wishing to paint a gloomy picture, all the stylistic hype centres on what the stadium looks like from the outside.

Who gives a monkeys how good it looks from the Fulham Road?

The important factor is the inside.

I don't think ill be cutting short my pre match drink to gaze adoringly at the outside of our stadium

Without wishing to paint a gloomy picture, all the stylistic hype centres on what the stadium looks like from the outside.

I don't think ill be cutting short my pre match drink to gaze adoringly at the outside of our stadium

No but I do like a brutal exterior like this. Want it to appear cold and imposing to away teams (and fans) to the degree whereby (presuming we're playing well ON the pitch!) people turn up thinking they're beaten when they get there.

Sciatika   

The outside is important because that's where most of the people who vote for the councillors on the planning committee will be seeing it from.