• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

Thing of beauty. 

New-Stamford-Bridge-stadium-by-Herzog-and-de-Meuron-02.jpg

Sponsored by British Gas... I jest... I am warming to it though (oops another pun), despite my initial reservations.

It's a long step away from the traditional straight (now retro) rectangle even if most stadiums have now rounded the corners off.  I think the nearest to it is Emirates, Ethiad or the Olympic stadium which shows just how unique, iconic even, our stadium will look to the rest of the world.  As such it's sure to become as memorable in the football world as your typical landmark, without needing a fancy arch going over the top of it as the main defining feature/memory jogger.

Imagine Champions league when Europe see's ours and then the cameras sky shot over Anfield or White Hart Lane.

Ham   
10 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Sponsored by British Gas... I jest... I am warming to it though (oops another pun), despite my initial reservations.

It's a long step away from the traditional straight (now retro) rectangle even if most stadiums have now rounded the corners off.  I think the nearest to it is Emirates, Ethiad or the Olympic stadium which shows just how unique, iconic even, our stadium will look to the rest of the world.  As such it's sure to become as memorable in the football world as your typical landmark, without needing a fancy arch going over the top of it as the main defining feature/memory jogger.

Imagine Champions league when Europe see's ours and then the cameras sky shot over Anfield or White Hart Lane.

CL nights will be amazing.  There's nothing similar in the world to this as it's shape from above is asymmetrical and random and the stadium inside is a rectangle with corners. 

The Emirates is an oval within an oval.  Where's the home end? 

The new white hart lane is very nice but even then it's still a modern meccano project. A bigger version of pride park if you ask me. 

Massive news for the club. But also highlights what can happen when we as fans tell the powers that we don't agree with what they're doing. 

I was there at the CPO vote in 2011. A massive thank you to everyone else who was and told Buck where he could shove his relocation plans. 

One club, one ground. Not many teams can say that.

• Like 3