• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

4 hours ago, blue moon said:

Good memory - it was: 

• Early 1970s: Ending used throughout 30-second British TV adverts for Old Spice aftershave lotion.
  • 1999: On Brazilian TV network Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão, used on ad campaign with new graphics celebrating 18th Anniversary.
  • 2005: In a Carlton Draught beer ad called Carlton Draught: Big Ad.
  •          In a commercial for Hershey's Spread.
  • 2015: For a Domino's commercial that aired during Super Bowl XLIX, a piece from the ending cantata is heard as explosives tear down a Domino's Pizza sign and the announcer says they are dropping the word "Pizza" from their name to emphasize their non-pizza products.

Still nice, but the association with old men's after shave and weak lager does really stand scrutiny.

BTW, picture above vaguely reminiscent of a cooling tower viewed from above, but reminds me more of seeing SFL popping one in from the corner years ago when flying back from Vienna. Knew it was him, given loads of dots, first at the Harding end in the box, then moving fast to the corner.

More to the point and more importantly, Ozzy Osbourne used it for an intro for one of his tours. Bark at the Moon I hting?

Looks like we might stick to the liquidator for now then.  Maybe we'll spring O Fortuna on to an unexpecting opposition one day and see the expressions on their (hopefully intimidated) faces.

So apparently the approval now rests with good ol' Sadiq now.... a Liverpool supporter... and er... oh dear.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/448496/Wannabe-London-Mayor-Sadiq-Khan-a-Liverpool-fan-because-of-Chelsea-thugs-of-the-Eighties

Ham   
12 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Looks like we might stick to the liquidator for now then.  Maybe we'll spring O Fortuna on to an unexpecting opposition one day and see the expressions on their (hopefully intimidated) faces.

So apparently the approval now rests with good ol' Sadiq now.... a Liverpool supporter... and er... oh dear.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/448496/Wannabe-London-Mayor-Sadiq-Khan-a-Liverpool-fan-because-of-Chelsea-thugs-of-the-Eighties

It's a good thing Liverpool fans have never done anything to damage the club's reputation. He did well to choose Liverpool in the early 80s. Just in time for the unspoken H word. 

Paul1970   
8 hours ago, StebzAno said:

Supporting chelsea wasn't an option for him....neither apparently was any other london club 

Shame he didn't mention them, though. Can't think WHL, the Den, Upton Park etc. would have been more welcoming?

Sciatika   

Living in Tooting, I would have thought Wimbledon would be the natural choice or maybe Palace. Another middle-aged Liverpool glory hunter?

So I've gone off Verdi's Dies Irae as an opening song.  I don't know if I've been trolled and if they subsequently nicked my idea, but Sky are playing it to death for the Man Utd v Liverpool match which is such an epic fixture, they've started a 48 hour countdown (bless 'em).

On 1/13/2017 at 0:31 PM, Sciatika said:

Living in Tooting, I would have thought Wimbledon would be the natural choice or maybe Palace. Another middle-aged Liverpool glory hunter?

You're not helping :-)

Baloo   
On 1/13/2017 at 0:31 PM, Sciatika said:

Or Tooting and Mitcham perhaps, nothing worse than a politician pretending to like football