• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Ham   
45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You might not be alone, but I think you are wrong.

Even when we were plop last year, and the mood was pretty somber, we sold out every game. 

30k season ticket holders, 100k members (and growing)......I have no fear at all. The number of kids who became Chelsea fans in the post RA era, will soon become paying customers. The net effect of success sometimes takes years to see the full benefit. An 8 year kid who decided to support Chelsea in 2003 for example, due to the influx of top players etc is now 22 years old, and will be 26/27 when the new stadium opens. How many of them are there?

Who knows Paul?  I hope you're right. I really do. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Even when we were plop last year, and the mood was pretty somber, we sold out every game.

I may be wrong but I seem to remember a lot of games going on general sale which almost never happened during my time going to the Bridge, especially in the Roman years. These games may have gone on to sell out but I thought there was a noticeable change in usual appetite from STH/members.

My son was working away from home during the two seasons 2014-2016,so I used the exchange fairly frequently to unload his. in 2014-2015 it was a doddle - record 5 seconds from post to sale. In 2015-2016 I couldn't sell at all for quite a few matches, so reluctantly I didn't renew last summer. I regret it now, but I simply can't afford to fund an empty seat. Agreed, last year members/STs were not hungry.

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, blue moon said:

Where would you propose, Twickenham?

I'd probably prefer a Craven Cottage ground share to bloody Wembley. Every opposing team would treat it as a cup final, especially the European teams in the Champions League,

Holymoly   
8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've never really bought into the "Chelsea are a big club" scenario , I've always seen us as relatively small but punching above our weight , but with this new stadium and the prospect of filling it every other week I think it completes the jigsaw and we have finally arrived at the top table.

Many thanks to Roman .

I think we are probably the most popular "tourist" stadium in London. Hopefully the additional capacity will be allocated to season tickets (I doubt it though).

Ham   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

I think we are probably the most popular "tourist" stadium in London. Hopefully the additional capacity will be allocated to season tickets (I doubt it though).

Think again.  The suits are well catered for though as well as the tourists 😔

Screenshot_20170306-231200.jpg

Screenshot_20170306-231218.jpg

Flinkers   

Even as a non-attendee, it's a little disappointing to see the ST numbers only increased by so little and a more than doubling of the corporate seats. Really goes to show what side the bread is buttered nowadays.

Good to see the youth tickets are getting doubled though.

Is the reduction in away fans a good thing?

Edited by Flinkers