• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah, leaving the victims a week in hospital to give their deathbed speech to another Berezovsky crony having miraculously first learnt to speak English.
Polonium leaves traces on people unable to think things through.

the whole thing with continual objections is a joke.

I would be happy if the club tells the council and the objectors to go forth and the club invests in a new stadium elsewhere which would probably be half the cost. The club would also save on renting another stadium during the development.

Its a win win for roman, because the building of the new stadium would be less and he gets the bonus of having one of the most sort after pieces of real estate in south west London available to develop or sell to the highest bidder

It's certainly testing the resolve of the board to redevelop rather than build. I suspect with everything that's gone on and further delays another 'vote' would be in favour of relocation . Machiavellian? 

Sciatika   
On 11/01/2018 at 10:07 PM, Droy was my hero said:

I doubt we'll commit to £1 billion though, something cheaper will have to be worked out that can mostly at least be paid off by increased cash flows.

I think the plan is some kind of joint funding arrangement with a property company with payments being made out of the additional income accrued from the expansion fo the stadium. I think that is why the CPO made some decisions that make it easier for CFC PLC to find a partner. So, no, I don't think RA is planning to commit 1bn of his private capital or a loan arrangement in the city.

9 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I would be happy if the club tells the council and the objectors to go forth and the club invests in a new stadium elsewhere which would probably be half the cost. The club would also save on renting another stadium during the development.

To be fair it is neighbours from the borough across the border that are making this complaint.  

17 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I think the plan is some kind of joint funding arrangement with a property company with payments being made out of the additional income accrued from the expansion fo the stadium. I think that is why the CPO made some decisions that make it easier for CFC PLC to find a partner. So, no, I don't think RA is planning to commit 1bn of his private capital or a loan arrangement in the city.

RA owns 100% of the club, so it matters little if he funds the building himself, borrows the money or has the club funding it.  If it doesn't cover costs long term, RA loses.

Unless you are suggesting some equity investment by a third party in the ground, where we (CFC/RA) would no longer fully own the ground.  That strikes me as unlikely if the investment is going to be a full billion.

Sciatika   

I think they are thinking of some kind of profit share, but you are right, it's unlikely to be an equity deal.  A billion is a lot of money and I would expect RA to look for a way to offset the risk.

synavm   

This whole Cottage nonsense... lets just move out of the borough and build a 70,000 seater for about two thirds of the price and less hassle with temporary relocation etc.

I wish the Battersea thing had happened.

Edited by synavm

20 minutes ago, synavm said:

This whole Cottage nonsense... lets just move out of the borough and build a 70,000 seater for about two thirds of the price and less hassle with temporary relocation etc.

I wish the Battersea thing had happened.

Where exactly do you propose building this stadium?

31 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Where exactly do you propose building this stadium?

Milton Keynes gets my vote Bob.:happy:

Sea foot   

Down here on the south coast of Ireland would be cheap plus a couple of brown envelopes to the government and you could do whatever you want. 😉

52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Milton Keynes gets my vote Bob.:happy:

Trust me, it's a ****-hole (as a certain person might say) Been here a year and looking forward to moving out next month!