• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

synavm   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Where exactly do you propose building this stadium?

No idea. These things come up. Is the Earls Court regeneration still going ahead? We could even look to other zones in London.

23 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Trust me, it's a ****-hole (as a certain person might say) Been here a year and looking forward to moving out next month!

I know it is , I live there !

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I know it is , I live there !

Thought you were Broxbourne?

What about Tenerife, great weather all year round.. plenty of flights

4 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

Thought you were Broxbourne?

What about Tenerife, great weather all year round.. plenty of flights

I think Ham is in Broxbourne , Tenerife it is then !

3 hours ago, synavm said:

This whole Cottage nonsense... lets just move out of the borough and build a 70,000 seater for about two thirds of the price and less hassle with temporary relocation etc.

I wish the Battersea thing had happened.

Our Borough, Hammersmith and Fulham aren't the problem.  It is the neighbours over the border and their borough (Kensington and Chelsea) that are causing the problems.

Ham   
6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Ham is in Broxbourne , Tenerife it is then !

Yep.  I'm Broxbourne.  Spuds country. Guilty as charged. 

9 hours ago, synavm said:

This whole Cottage nonsense... lets just move out of the borough and build a 70,000 seater for about two thirds of the price and less hassle with temporary relocation etc.

I wish the Battersea thing had happened.

Me too. A temporary home for minimum four years while we spend a billion making the bridge bigger sounds a terrible prospect to me. The land that our current stadium stands on has to be worth squillions. We should sit tight, find a new home as and when it presents itself.   Right now I'd rather spend some of that money on players and start to rebuild this club. Really not sure we would fill a 60 k stadium anyway right now. 

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Yep.  I'm Broxbourne.  Spuds country. Guilty as charged. 

Knew someone was ..soz about the confusion. :-)

6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Me too. A temporary home for minimum four years while we spend a billion making the bridge bigger sounds a terrible prospect to me. The land that our current stadium stands on has to be worth squillions. We should sit tight, find a new home as and when it presents itself.   Right now I'd rather spend some of that money on players and start to rebuild this club. Really not sure we would fill a 60 k stadium anyway right now. 

looking at the plans at the time battersea was a flight of fancy. No better solution  than redeveloping SB IMHO.

2 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

looking at the plans at the time battersea was a flight of fancy. No better solution  than redeveloping SB IMHO.

It was a flight of fancy because the pitch owners blocked the move. If Battersea can become a shopping centre then it could have become a sporting arena. Roman wanted to move right? If we can we should.

For me redeveloping the bridge is the worse solution for the following reasons.  

1) The costs could spiral out of control far more with this kind of redevelopment than a straight stadium build. I am basing this on the building of the Cardiff Millennium Stadium from scratch compared  to the redevelopment of Wembley . Cardiff cost £190m and Wembley cost 757m, ours allegedly will cost a billion...I'm sure we can add 20% to that . For instance we now also have local residents on the make claiming 20m each for loss of light. How long will it take to recoup that ginormous cost with an extra 20,000 seats?  

2) We are playing football on one of the most valuable plots of land in the world. Moving means the club can cash in on that (I presume?)

3) Four years away from home (minimum) is soul destroying. If it's Wembley, how many fans would we get in there for an average game (say an Everton match)? Apparently there were quite a few empty seats at yesterdays game. How would the atmos be? Could it affect results and performances? 

4) I suspect the need for more seats was partly sparked by the FFP which as we now all know is bollocks. We have a very very rich owner who loves the club so lets use him and spend big on the worlds top footballers. 

Just a thought , but is it possible, without razing the club to the ground to increase seats by say 5000? I'm sure this has been discussed so sorry for rehashing but I'm curious.  

Edited by NoblyBobly