• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Definitely agree with U21 pricing coming in. The ratio of middle aged bald men to people under the age of 30 at the Bridge is frightening. We won't fill Twickenham for more than two, three or four games (at a push) at full price, so why not fill out the stadium and maybe knock 40% of ticket prices for the year with further concessions for U21 and OAPs. Would be so good to see a home game with 80,000 people there.

This x a million. What a fantastic opportunity for the club to encourage a new supporter base to the club. £30 adults. £10 kids. Just off the top of my head. Maybe even less. Fill the stadium with the help of local families normally priced out from attending week in week out. Maybe even have a family season ticket at a knock down rate. Embrace the local community, which might help sway them not to complain too much about the extra traffic 20+ games for the season. The options are endless, all with the aim of increasing the local fanbase for the following season and beyond.

However, whilst the fact that the RFU have commented / leaked this adds strength to the notion that we're seriously looking into the option, I'll await the day of confirmation before becomming too excited about improving SB.

Holymoly   

I thought that expanded the Bridge to 60K was ruled out for practical reasons. Interesting if the opposite has become true.

I think you'll find these things are usually dependent on sufficient amounts of money being deposited in certain official's back pockets

synavm   

Another thing that's potentially exciting about Twickenham is I believe we could break the Premier League attendance record which currently stands at 76,208. Assuming we run Twickenham at full capacity, we could get up to 82,000.

Edited by synavm

paulw66   

Definitely agree with U21 pricing coming in. The ratio of middle aged bald men to people under the age of 30 at the Bridge is frightening. We won't fill Twickenham for more than two, three or four games (at a push) at full price, so why not fill out the stadium and maybe knock 40% of ticket prices for the year with further concessions for U21 and OAPs. Would be so good to see a home game with 80,000 people there.

What has someone's hair got to do with the price of cheese?

Another thing that's potentially exciting about Twickenham is I believe we could break the Premier League attendance record which currently stands at 76,208. Assuming we run Twickenham at full capacity, we could get up to 82,000.

Dream on...I admire your enthusiasm but it's not going to happen.

paulw66   

Why not? I could see Chelsea v Arsenal selling out Twickenham.

synavm   

Make it say £35 a ticket for a fixture against Arsenal or United, presumably with a sizeable away allocation, I reckon we could do it.

jones   

Surely a year would only allow for the redevelopment of the shed and an additional tier on the MHL? There's also the walkway. I say a year but perhaps any works would begin the day we finish our last home game in, say, 2015/16 and would then continue through the entire 16/17 season and through the close season to, say, the start of 17/18. So May 2016 until August 2017.

Either way I can't see there being enough time to build something new.

Interesting views. I have no idea what is enough - do you have any experience from the construction industry?

It would probably be possible to get the entire month of May 16 and August 17, as long as FA would allow us to start and finish the seasons with away games, making it a total of 16 months.

Khobar   

Could you be any more melodramatic?

Possibly by using music?

Khobar   

What has someone's hair got to do with the price of cheese?

And a lot of us bald, middle aged men had to run the gauntlet of decades of failure, under achievement and threat of bankruptcy to get to the point where we could enjoy the success.

Now we can enjoy the football whilst still facing failure, under achievement and threats of bankruptcy and someone calls us bald, middle aged and over represented.