• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Recommended Posts

Blue Rod   
On 01/06/2018 at 10:37 AM, NoblyBobly said:

That's because it's a 40k stadium. Thank you for making my point for me ; oh and of course we were having a season to remember with a new exciting manager, record breaking winning runs of games,  and brushing every other team aside on our way to winning the title. That will fill anyone's 40k stadium. 

To your last sentence, it's certainly won't be overnight. We will be a minimum of 4 years without a home.   

2

So, how long are you suggesting we should wait before we expand SB to 60k?

Whether we wait to get back into CL (can't quite understand what difference it would make, given that we have been pretty much the most popular English club in Europe for the past decade) or just wait 4 more seasons, rebuilding SB would not take any less time. We've been filling SB for the most pointless matches for over a decade. It has not mattered CL or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2018 at 7:59 PM, Blue Rod said:

So, how long are you suggesting we should wait before we expand SB to 60k?

Whether we wait to get back into CL (can't quite understand what difference it would make, given that we have been pretty much the most popular English club in Europe for the past decade) or just wait 4 more seasons, rebuilding SB would not take any less time. We've been filling SB for the most pointless matches for over a decade. It has not mattered CL or not.

Well if it was my money and decision I wouldn't do it any time soon. It's a vanity project that makes no financial sense.

I would either find a way to add 8000 seats to the current stadium without being homeless for 4 years, ripping it all down or start digging down to the centre of the earth (Liverpool managed it) or I would keep searching for a new home and build a new stadium  probably with around 55,000 seats. Probably be half the cost and we can stay where we are till it's done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well if it was my money and decision I wouldn't do it any time soon. It's a vanity project that makes no financial sense.

I would either find a way to add 8000 seats to the current stadium without being homeless for 4 years, ripping it all down or start digging down to the centre of the earth (Liverpool managed it) or I would keep searching for a new home and build a new stadium  probably with around 55,000 seats. Probably be half the cost and we can stay where we are till it's done. 

We could double the stadium capacity by making the seats half as wide! All of that work could be completed in a matter of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think of it I think the whiff of " Safe Standing" has made them reconsider the plans , why spend a kings ransom on expansion when you can just rip out the seats add a few bits and bobs and you can double the capacity of the ends ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   

I like it he idea of safe standing but if all clubs do it then any increased revenue would be negated surely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

I like it he idea of safe standing but if all clubs do it then any increased revenue would be negated surely. 

Its not about getting more than another club it all gets eaten up in wages in any case. To me its risk v reward. 1b for 60k new stadium. Or 60k with a *50m investment .(*as a guess) 

better atmosphere is another major plus of SS .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
2 hours ago, Sea foot said:

I like it he idea of safe standing but if all clubs do it then any increased revenue would be negated surely. 

You wouldn't get much increased revenue at all, as the standing seats would be cheaper.

That said, the atmosphere would be better, and you would perhaps encourage a longer term fan base as more people can get in. If we stick with 40k, there will be an increasing number of the younger generation who can rarely get their hands on tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   

I understand what you say about SS but I was replying to Marks post saying it could be a reason to stop the rebuild. The increased revenue from a bigger stadium moves us up the match day revenue ladder but SS keeps us level with everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe standing will up our current capacity but also everybody else's.  We'd be just as far behind as we are now, if not more, as everybody else would potentially have more standing capacity than us due to the bigger stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Safe standing will up our current capacity but also everybody else's.  We'd be just as far behind as we are now, if not more, as everybody else would potentially have more standing capacity than us due to the bigger stands.

I'm not sure it is that straight forward. Health and Safety will limit capacities beyond a certain level. How quickly one can evacuate a stadium for example is a key factor, and actually one that SB will always be disadvantaged over due to the high level of residential surroundings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now