• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Interesting point - would Safe Standing be cheaper - or would they be premium seating.  If they were 10% of stadium or less surely they should go at a premium.  A lot depends though on where they are I guess. 

In practice I think you'd get a lot less.  1.3 at the Allianz.  And you are assuming egress issues get resolved which without a re-build they won't.

Alianz Arena wiki: 10,400 of the seats in the lower tier corners can be converted to standing room to allow an additional 3,120 spectators. 

Tbf I have said many times the egress would need to be addressed which it was with the new stadium.so incorporating the new walkways into the old stadium would solve the external legalities.

What I'm  not sure of is if the  old stadium can be sufficiently altered internally. That would be for the designers to confirm.

As regards ratios: the alianz stadium was restricted by the council due to the 'early adopter' caution.not by the design..from what I read.....?

I am not sure but there is a possibility of ratchetting it up if so desired if not there but later stadiums and of course brand new ones.

although I have no idea what ratio SB could afford??

In a similar way when MacDonalds franchises were proposed they each had a 1000 sq mile exclusive zone as that area was what they thought was needed to make it successfull. That reduced down to  less than 1/2 mile in certain areas as their art was fine tuned.

I digress  But hope you see the point.