• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

On 02/09/2018 at 7:11 AM, Sciatika said:

When the problem is egress, safe standing makes no difference. We cannot get a safety certificate for more people whether standing or sitting.

with the addition of the Stoll land and the other egress proposals for the new stadium it is quite possible if incorporated into the old stadium. Not sure the internals of the existing stadium would comply without alteration though..

Sciatika   
14 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

with the addition of the Stoll land and the other egress proposals for the new stadium it is quite possible if incorporated into the old stadium. Not sure the internals of the existing stadium would comply without alteration though..

It's possible but I am not aware of any plans for that. I was simply saying that adopting safe standing alone won't make any difference to the capacity of the stadium. Having said that, there may be other benefits to safe standing. People sing more loudly standing up. It would be a recognition that it's what people do anyway. Maybe, if we needed less room for able-bodied people, we might be able to make more space for the disabled (though I am not sure how that works with regard to H&S).

Edited by Sciatika

paulw66   

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it appears we might the first visitors to Spurs' new ground.........would be great to spoil the opening party. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it appears we might the first visitors to Spurs' new ground.........would be great to spoil the opening party. 

That would be too good for words ! 

Particularly if they can't actually get the ball off us .

On 9/3/2018 at 10:56 AM, paulw66 said:

With the TV money providing an ever increasing percentage of revenue, I don't see having a smaller ground as a big issue. You would probably need cheaper tickets to fill the 60k stadium for the lesser games anyway, so the increase in revenue isn't that big. 

What percentage of revenue is from ticket sales? I'm sure someone can tell us, but it is pretty low. 

On 9/3/2018 at 1:25 PM, paulw66 said:

17%........so boosting the ground by 18k seats isn't going to have a huge impact other than attracting new fans who currently can't get tickets.

Interesting to see this season, the Europa League concessions are at £5. Clear sign that the ticket revenue is less and less important. They want bums on seats . 

Yep. That's what will nsure that the product remains a desirabe product for people (read TV-execs) to pay ridiculous sums of money for. 

We should also not forget the underlying value of having an extra 18-30k (if we incorporate safe standing in some sections of the ground) seats in the ground. It helps generate that mythological status of dramatic nights and big wins in front of large crowds. Not to mention merchandise, food, beer etc. 

Having a larger ground and more fans seeing us live regularly means we will have a better chance to remain at the top of English and European football. 

So given that most of the teams inc us apparently are being slightly conservative with the truth regarding attendance figures its probably wise to trim expectations regarding how big a stadium we really need ..

Sciatika   

One thing they did not take into account on the BBC is that seats are sold in blocks in most stadia and you have to segregate away fans. It is not uncommon for aways fans to take a 3000 seat block and only sell 1200 tickets. To be honest, I don't really know why the BBC is reporting on it. I think it's just clickbait.

Leo91   

I was just thinking. Depending on the delay do the club have to go through building permission again. This was a serious proposal, who knows how much was spent in this endeavour. Wouldn't surprise me if everything was scraped.

paulw66   
16 hours ago, Leo91 said:

I was just thinking. Depending on the delay do the club have to go through building permission again. This was a serious proposal, who knows how much was spent in this endeavour. Wouldn't surprise me if everything was scraped.

I don't know but you would think there is a time window........I doubt you could just revisit a project 5 years later and start building. 

16 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Unless you think suddenly the pressure on Russian Oligarchs is just going to disappear, I can't see RA doing anything until he (if he) sells the club to a US friendly owner  (Saudi perhaps!) or identifies himself as a Putin enemy like several preferred Oligarchs have done (Khordokovsky and friends for example).

That might happen sooner rather than later - RA has made so much money precisely because he acts very early.