• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Sciatika   
16 hours ago, Leo91 said:

I was just thinking. Depending on the delay do the club have to go through building permission again. This was a serious proposal, who knows how much was spent in this endeavour. Wouldn't surprise me if everything was scraped.

Three years from date of grant, which was March 2017. This is here:

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/sites/default/files/section_attachments/stamfordbridge_final_decision_letter_310317.pdf

It will usually say 'Development to begin within three years of date of this permission' or something similar. That means you can dig a small hole and get the building inspector to come and look at the foundations of the burger stand, he will then lodge that he has been and building work has commenced, thus the planning is instigated. That is how it works for home owners and small developers anyway, I'm sure this would draw more attention. I am actually surprised it is only 3 years, for bigger developments it is usually longer to recognise the time it takes to tender and prepare the works.

I read reports over the weekend that Roan with some other Oligarchs were on a list being targeted for disruption by the UK Govt and hoping to get the US and other countries to sign up to it. I feel we are headed towards a sale in the next couple of years, not that I think Roman particularly wants to but will be pushed into it.

Flinkers   
22 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Extrapolated from the Time Limits section of the permission:-

1. Commencment of site preparation to be no later than 31 March 2020.
  2. Start of Demolition no later than 31 March 2022.
  3. Start of Main Construction no later than 31 March 2023.

Miss any of those dates (without an Extension) and planning permission is rescinded.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Extrapolated from the Time Limits section of the permission:-

1. Commencment of site preparation to be no later than 31 March 2020.
  2. Start of Demolition no later than 31 March 2022.
  3. Start of Main Construction no later than 31 March 2023.

Miss any of those dates (without an Extension) and planning permission is rescinded.

Interesting, thanks, 

Any sign of the plans being taken out of  moth balls ...........??

Forever hopeful that it will suddenly be all systems go......

Sir   
22 hours ago, Liquidator said:

Looking rather bleak, isn’t it.

I think the Spurs experience of taking a year longer than planned and RA's visa issues mean it won;t be considered again by the current owner.  Perhaps with a new owner (not that I would want to lose RA).    

The construction sector is in a dip at the moment as the price of labour and raw materials increases (and raw material costs will only increase further if Brexit goes ahead and we start off by only trading on WTO base tariffs) whilst credit restrictions may hamper some projects. From a purely financial point of view, it's currently not worth starting to build the new stadium. Add to that the owner's visa problems and you have to wonder why he would ever bother pouring money into such a project.

25 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Add to that the owner's visa problems and you have to wonder why he would ever bother pouring money into such a project.

Yes.  I still think the announce (or was it a leak) of a price snowballing to £1bn was a big early hint that it was about to be mothballed.

Leo91   

A shame. Just had a look at the inside of the new Spurs stadium and I'm a little jelly. Can see it being an intimidating place to go when fully packed.