• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Recommended Posts

Ham   

Many articles being written today regurgitating the Civil Engineering story but interestingly, most of them are listing the alleged alternative sites being considered. 

Anyone have any info on whether any of these are still viable sites/available?

 

Screenshot_20190509-184029_Samsung Internet.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2019 at 6:47 PM, Ham said:

Many articles being written today regurgitating the Civil Engineering story but interestingly, most of them are listing the alleged alternative sites being considered. 

Anyone have any info on whether any of these are still viable sites/available?

 

Screenshot_20190509-184029_Samsung Internet.jpg

White city is being mooted as a site for QPR's new stadium, only 45000 seats and also it is on a long lease from the council rather than owning it outright. I believe all the others have planning applications for residential redevelopment lodged or have actually started construction. The property values in London probably rule out any site unviable for a stadium unless its out in zone 6.

The club have oddly taken the unprecedented step of denying the speculation today which only raises more questions for me. Link below.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/05/10/chelsea-statement-on-stadium?cardIndex=0-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2019 at 8:25 PM, Lump Of Celery said:

White city is being mooted as a site for QPR's new stadium, only 45000 seats and also it is on a long lease from the council rather than owning it outright. I believe all the others have planning applications for residential redevelopment lodged or have actually started construction. The property values in London probably rule out any site unviable for a stadium unless its out in zone 6.

The club have oddly taken the unprecedented step of denying the speculation today which only raises more questions for me. Link below.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/05/10/chelsea-statement-on-stadium?cardIndex=0-1

Yes. I do not see how we can move site at this point. Only option could be EC which has seems to have stalled but even that seems highly unlikely. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Yes. I do not see how we can move site at this point. Only option could be EC which has seems to have stalled but even that seems highly unlikely. 

The idea there  is to push out further than the 2 mile zone. Possibly a bit of Machiavellian stuff going on to float the possibility of moving out of a local postcode to balance the cost.Financially it makes sense

From my perspective, given how close it was last time and how the board played it, I believe they could possibly win the CPO members over if they were a little bit more open and -dare I say- honest about their intentions..

 

Who knows..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ham said:

Interesting. In terms of increasing the capacity of SB however, the article says it will 'have no negative impact on capacity' which suggests it won't increase either. There will also still be the egress issues of SB. Possibly a new stadium could be designed in a way rail seating could increase capacity (rather than slapping rails in an existing set up). Also if everyone else can adapt their stadiums in this manner it gives us no advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
5 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Interesting. In terms of increasing the capacity of SB however, the article says it will 'have no negative impact on capacity' which suggests it won't increase either. There will also still be the egress issues of SB. Possibly a new stadium could be designed in a way rail seating could increase capacity (rather than slapping rails in an existing set up). Also if everyone else can adapt their stadiums in this manner it gives us no advantage.

Absolutely. I was thinking more of atmosphere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ham said:

Absolutely. I was thinking more of atmosphere. 

I wonder how it works. Free for all? Shortest at the front, tallest at the back? A little and large combo like Heskey and Owen go to watch a game but can't sit together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I wonder how it works. Free for all? Shortest at the front, tallest at the back? A little and large combo like Heskey and Owen go to watch a game but can't sit together?

It doesn't work - it just sits there and waits for a change in the law.
I suppose it could be used at concerts and non-sports events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now