• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Ham   
16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It doesn't work - it just sits there and waits for a change in the law.
I suppose it could be used at concerts and non-sports events.

It won't be long. 

Diddymen   

Does anyone have any news on this? I thought I read somewhere the planning permission granted expires early next year?

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

Does anyone have any news on this? I thought I read somewhere the planning permission granted expires early next year?

It does. I also think if you remove one brick, that constitutes as "starting the work" so you can effectively nullify the deadline 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

It does. I also think if you remove one brick, that constitutes as "starting the work" so you can effectively nullify the deadline 

This used to be the case, however now you need to make a "meaningful commencement" of the works and have a building inspector register the same. I found this out recently when I left it to the last minute to instigate planning permission for an extension at my house, I always thought you could just dig a trial pit to expose a foundation. Usually you hit solid ground a metre down but some poor chap with a shovel had to dig halfway to Australia before he found any and the trial pit ended up being a trench the width of the garden. Made it with an hour to spare before everyone went home and the deadline would have elapsed.

I'm sure I read at the time of the stadium postponement that some initial works had started and were still going ahead, I think building over the train line or something along those lines? Somebody who has been going to home games regularly might know more, I can't find the article now. That may have been a 'meaningful commencement' I doubt Roman would have continued buying up land at the time of the announcement if he thought the planning would fall through.

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

This used to be the case, however now you need to make a "meaningful commencement" of the works and have a building inspector register the same. I found this out recently when I left it to the last minute to instigate planning permission for an extension at my house, I always thought you could just dig a trial pit to expose a foundation. Usually you hit solid ground a metre down but some poor chap with a shovel had to dig halfway to Australia before he found any and the trial pit ended up being a trench the width of the garden. Made it with an hour to spare before everyone went home and the deadline would have elapsed.

I'm sure I read at the time of the stadium postponement that some initial works had started and were still going ahead, I think building over the train line or something along those lines? Somebody who has been going to home games regularly might know more, I can't find the article now. That may have been a 'meaningful commencement' I doubt Roman would have continued buying up land at the time of the announcement if he thought the planning would fall through.

I sit in the East Upper......will have a look at the Newcastle game