• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Ham   

City's attendances would have been affected slightly by a couple of games where some away fans boycotted over £70 tickets if I recall correctly. The only empty seats I regularly saw at the Bridge were in the away section too.

I'm sure I remember there being tonnes and tonnes of empty seats at the Etihad in their April midweek game against Sunderland... (the one right after they lost to Liverpool at the weekend). Presumably all of the tickets had been sold in advance anyway, but they just didn't bother turning up because they thought they'd fluffed the title.

I'm sure I remember there being tonnes and tonnes of empty seats at the Etihad in their April midweek game against Sunderland... (the one right after they lost to Liverpool at the weekend). Presumably all of the tickets had been sold in advance anyway, but they just didn't bother turning up because they thought they'd fluffed the title.

That is the game I'm talking about.

Embarrassing.

Mutu7   

The game I'm referring to City claimed was nearly sold out. Maybe the tickets were, but they didn't show up.

When putting out their official attendances, a lot of clubs count seats sold rather than how many actually turn up. There can often be a big discrepancy. Greater Manchester Police reckon there's sometimes a gap of 24,000 between United's 'official' gates and how many are actually in attendance.

When putting out their official attendances, a lot of clubs count seats sold rather than how many actually turn up. There can often be a big discrepancy. Greater Manchester Police reckon there's sometimes a gap of 24,000 between United's 'official' gates and how many are actually in attendance.

It has become a standing joke at Arsenal I gather.

Ham   

It has become a standing joke at Arsenal I gather.

A sitting joke. And often at about 85 mins, a leaving joke.

Is the figures about United genuinely true? Old Trafford always seems fairly full whenever I watch them, admittedly on TV.

How exactly do the police count 70,000 odd fans coming and going?

How exactly do the police count 70,000 odd fans coming and going?

or even the occasional normal ones?

(maybe something to do with the turnstiles ...)