• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Diddymen   

Any signs of those JCBs rumbling down the Fulham Rd yet...........??[/quote

Hopefully to demolish all those gentrified bars in the area!!

Until we move CFC is a dying club. WE NEED the simple extra 200m!

Always depressing to read views like this. For the majority of matchgoing fans, the day we move from the Fulham Road is the day a big part of the club dies. We don't need an extra £200m, certainly not at that cost anyway.

Could you be any more melodramatic?

The ideal for me, and many, many others is an increased capacity at the current site. Memories and sense of belonging are worth a lot more than 200m to me. If there is any way to increase Stamford Bridge, we should explore the possibility.

Mutu7   

This is the kind of statement that hardens me against a stadium move, pure and simple scaremongering.

I'm less convinced that a move would be less costly than an expansion. Netto. With viable spaces near the bridge disappearing. A 10-15k expansion would be the least worst option. Regardless dont see anything happening for at least 3 to 5 years.

Part of me lives in fear of the day that Stamford Bridge gets expanded - if only because the rules they have now about how steep stands can be built etc. would surely result in us being moved further away from the pitch.

For example, I'm a STH near the front of the Shed Upper and love how close to the pitch I am (at a decent enough height to see the other end too!). If the hotel etc. were knocked in and a new Shed built, presumably many of the seats would end up a lot further back...

Part of me lives in fear of the day that Stamford Bridge gets expanded - if only because the rules they have now about how steep stands can be built etc. would surely result in us being moved further away from the pitch.

For example, I'm a STH near the front of the Shed Upper and love how close to the pitch I am (at a decent enough height to see the other end too!). If the hotel etc. were knocked in and a new Shed built, presumably many of the seats would end up a lot further back...

Good point. I'm right at the back and even that is fairly close. I also get to stand all game.