• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

I'm not sure why we'd want one. Most modern football stadiums don't seem to have them.

It was just something people had questions before the consultation. Considering we're just using it for us, there isn't a need for one.

Image of the inside of the new stadium from the upper tier of the south-east corner. As knocked up by Neilando on Skyscrapercity.com.

WjbV1oa.jpg

More images from other angles on that site too. Any thoughts?

Not sure about the "uneven" stands... Lower tier looks very flat.

This is basically what I was afraid of with my Emirates comparisons. Oh well - there's no way pleasing everyone.

Ham   

It's petty I know but I hope we don't go with all blue seats. Random blue and white would suit me.

Also, those 3d renders are deceptive and give the impression of being a rectangular bowl but picture the brick trusses all pointing to the centre spot with glass in between and it pulls down the trousers of the Emirates and gives it an atomic wedgie.

I'm guessing here but I think the club may have gone for the Westminster Abbey look to appease local residents. A lot of the surrounding area is conservation and/or protected land and Chelsea of course looks a lot less 'inner city' than a lot of London so the club/architects had to think about something that wouldn't look offensive/incongruous to those that can see the stadium from their windows or from the bridge on Fulham Road as they walk past it. Personally, I like the brutalist feel of the proposals more than the medieval feel of them, but that's just my personal taste and I can fully understand why the club have gone down this route and by the little we've seen it looks like all concerned have done an amazing job.

Those 3d pictures look interesting. Its very Nou Camp-like albeit a little more brutal. I hope the club ensure the tiers don't overhang too much as the the back rows of the MHL, Shed Lower and East Lower are awful.

Perhaps the upper tier above the tunnel could house the tourists (special area perhaps, I've seen it done at other stadiums) so the huge banking tiers could be full of those who want to participate in the atmosphere, not merely film it.

They must have omitted any roofing from the architects plans so we can see the arrangement of the tiers. Either that or a set of fishermans oilskins are left on each seat.

DaveF   

Whatever we build they need to check the view assuming that everyone is standing up.

Anyone have a link to the Times article, without needing to subscribe ?