• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Scooba   

Where would we play during any potential build?

Would it not happen during the 'off-season'? Rome was built in a day wasn't it?

Would it not happen during the 'off-season'? Rome was built in a day wasn't it?

It would take about two years, The only realistic options I've heard about from people more involved than I and deduced from the information given are for a complete re-build of the east stand and a complete re build of the shed. The West is at full capacity and is a new stand and the MH wouldn't need it if the other two were done plus it would cause an egress issue I believe.

Wembley could be on the cards but would need FA approval but that really is the only viable option. Twickenham would be perfect if the RFU would stand down from their ivory towers but It won't happen.

Would it really take 2 years though? We could continue to play, with the stands that are being renovated closed, but that would affect match day income and ticket sales even more.

Scooba   

One season and two summers seems like more than enough time. 2 seasons seems like quite a lot to rebuild 2 stands, quite hard to estimate though.

mrsm   

Always depressing to read views like this. For the majority of matchgoing fans, the day we move from the Fulham Road is the day a big part of the club dies. We don't need an extra £200m, certainly not at that cost anyway.

I just can't see us competing with our match day deficit in ten years. My preference is to stay put and increase capacity. However we ve been having this conversation for ten years, id like to see action. Options are coming and going and we increasingly look like missing the boat.

paulw66   

I just can't see us competing with our match day deficit in ten years. My preference is to stay put and increase capacity. However we ve been having this conversation for ten years, id like to see action. Options are coming and going and we increasingly look like missing the boat.

What options?

One season and two summers seems like more than enough time. 2 seasons seems like quite a lot to rebuild 2 stands, quite hard to estimate though.

Would it really take 2 years though? We could continue to play, with the stands that are being renovated closed, but that would affect match day income and ticket sales even more.

It's not only going to be re-building two stands though, re-build of the shed would mean demolishment and excavation of the hotel and other buildings. Re building of the east stand would mean platforms over the railway line being built, other properties would have to be demolished and egress routes would have to be addressed and built. It would take at least two years if not more factoring in contingency.

There is no way we could play in the ground with all that going on, the exit routes are already insufficient in the case of an evacuation and what with a lot of those having to be closed off due to building work it would be too dangerous in the eyes of the council. There is simply no way we could safely play at the bridge along with the fact the capacity would be severely reduced.

Based on matchday income Arsenal and Man Utd should be miles ahead of anyone else, as it happens we've won as many major domestic and European trophies as both of them combined during the 10 years you've been having conversations about it.

Based on capacity we should be finishing one place above Sheffield Wednesday, and in three years time West Ham will have just pipped Newcastle to 3rd in the league.

Based on the reality of TV money increasing at a rate of knots, as well as sponsorship and prize money etc, we'll cope better than most in an era when matchday revenue's shrinking as a proportion of earnings for all PL clubs.

Based on matchday income Arsenal and Man Utd should be miles ahead of anyone else,

Maybe not next season for Man U - no Europa league run for them which will cut their number of games by quite a bit.