• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

I like - no, love - the current Bridge setup too but this is going to be next level. I love it for the exact reasons you dislike it - it will be an absolute beast of a stadium visually, quite intimidating for how solemn & brutal it will appear (which is kinda beautiful in its own way too).

There's certainly no other stadia in Britain like it & I disagree on that its uniqueness will certainly imbue it with undeniable character.

I'm 1,000% for it.

Maybe I'm old fashioned and like little motifs or points of interest about the architecture (although not so far as wanting gargoyles, I'm not that old fashioned). But I do like tradition and the styles of the 20th century, where you can see all the stanchions, lighting and contrasting colours.

Saying that, totally see where you're coming from now when you said beast and intimidating. From that angle I guess other clubs, both in the UK and from Europe may well feel it's dominance and become intimidated by it's overpowering design. Hopefully that can translate into our football one day.

So maybe it's not what it looks like, but how it makes you feel.

cii99mn1   

It looks fantastic I think, I'm impressed by their work. Is there another stadium in England that will be even close to compete with it?

That design is mirroring what type of football side we've been since Roman took over.

Powerful and extremely intimidating.

By the looks of it it will have a colloseum feel to it with that much brickwork, it will be a very imposing building and thats what id imagine the club/roman were aiming for when giving the spec to the architects.

It will be imo one of the most impressive stadiums in the world, big imposing whilst also to me at least pleasing on the eye.

Was at the colosseum early june with the wife and its a bloody imposing structure even in its state of decay/half collapsed, so a fresh built stadium with high brickwork arches really ticks a lot of boxes for me, the inside does look like a standard new ground in all honesty but then again it always was going to wasnt it realistically, but the outer shell I like and at night it will be particularly spectacular as id imagine your going to have blue uplights inbetween the arch sections, coupled with the apparent feature of vastly improved acoustics that keep the vast amount of the noise within the ground and away fans banished to the gods and I'm finding it hard to knock any of it, we are a european big club nowadays and we will have an imposing ground to match our status.

Doesn't matter who designed it originally or through the years. But what is being proposed is just horrible. It's like a clay hut or something.

Luckily Roman has far better taste than you.

Leo91   

Have naming rights been discussed ? Will it remain ''Stamford Bridge'' or will it be sponsored ? ''Yokohama Stamford Bridge'' for example.

I like it. I'd have expected some more arches or something, but it works. It looks spartan and rustic, intimidating and a bit mysterious. Whatever they name it, I doubt we'll ever call it anything other than Stamford Bridge. Which is a major reason no one wants to name-sponsor it.