• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Ham   

Why not 10 or 15 years ago? No chance.

Well they hadn't invented the rail seats yet and they hadn't been introduced to stadiums throughout Germany, proving them to be a success.

Now they have. It WILL happen here and relatively soon.

Well they hadn't invented the rail seats yet and they hadn't been introduced to stadiums throughout Germany, proving them to be a success.

Now they have. It WILL happen here and relatively soon.

I'd love safe standing but would be absolutely shocked if it happened.

Football fans are treated worse than criminals at the best of times. I'd say there's zero chance they'd be doing anything for us as a group.

id tend to agree with mr bartlett in regards to getting safe satanding/rail seats over here, eu laws trump our own so if a club in the top flight took the fight to the eu courts to get it introduced at their ground after the fa blocked it I'm sure after a bit of a legal battle it would get pushed through, now is their a club up for or even interested in doing so within the top flight? I doubt it at the moment

Once the bubble pops and attendances start falling to the point the broadcasters kick up a fuss then it might happen, that the club have mentioned safe standing/rail seats certainly means they have at least thought of the future possibility of introducing it if allowed which is a good thing obviously.

Ham   

id tend to agree with mr bartlett in regards to getting safe satanding/rail seats over here, eu laws trump our own so if a club in the top flight took the fight to the eu courts to get it introduced at their ground after the fa blocked it I'm sure after a bit of a legal battle it would get pushed through, now is their a club up for or even interested in doing so within the top flight? I doubt it at the moment

Once the bubble pops and attendances start falling to the point the broadcasters kick up a fuss then it might happen, that the club have mentioned safe standing/rail seats certainly means they have at least thought of the future possibility of introducing it if allowed which is a good thing obviously.

They're being tested in Scotland and there's therefore a very local precedent. If celtic are allowed in their premier league then why not here? The rail seats are a game changer.

Yep like I said though would take a top tier club to get it through though and whilst I'd imagine there are a few that would back a movement to get rail seats I'm not as sure if any one club would take the lead on it, possibly pinning hopes on a handful coming to some common ground and then getting the rest of the clubs to back them or not oppose them at minimum.

Ham   

Yep like I said though would take a top tier club to get it through though and whilst I'd imagine there are a few that would back a movement to get rail seats I'm not as sure if any one club would take the lead on it, possibly pinning hopes on a handful coming to some common ground and then getting the rest of the clubs to back them or not oppose them at minimum.

When you look at the colour and atmospheric at german games I can actually see Sky or BT Sports fronting it.

These images excite me, after many rumours and ideas over the past 10 years. To finally see the club find a solution and seeing the models, I can't help but feel excited. Though it could be another 5/6 years away, but to still be at our spiritual home is amazing.

DaveF   

A couple of questions, may well have been answered before or elsewhere.

Who owns the two hotels, I thought CFC sold them a few years ago, if so it's going to cost a bit to buy them back just to knock them down.

Looks like all of the flats at the back of the Shed are also being knocked down, again who owns these, are they on lease basis, are people that live there just going to pack and leave, it's taken other clubs years to shift residents from local houses.

The hotel was on a lease to copthorne hotel but would imagine that the club has a break clause of some description in the contract.

The flats have been in the process of being bought back up by the club, seen few different reports apparently part of the rub was they could live there rent free till the club pulled it down, not sure on what they paid in regards to market prices for property's though or if they have all been fully bought out yet.