• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Ham   

Absolutely love the detail. The mismatching London brick.... Perfect.

The glass and steel between columns... Perfect.

The scale, irregular shapes, everything..... Perfect.

If I had one criticism its that this should be an opportunity to move back to the shed end and the plan is to stick the away fans in the same corner.

I'd stick the away fans in a corner of the MHL. It appears like the player's tunnel will be in the West Stand this time.

If I had one criticism its that this should be an opportunity to move back to the shed end and the plan is to stick the away fans in the same corner.

I'd stick the away fans in a corner of the MHL. It appears like the player's tunnel will be in the West Stand this time.

I agree but I can also see why it makes sense to funnel the away fans through the Bovril Gate and to the south end of the stadium. Could you imagine how tricky it would be to get them to the MHL and keep them separate from the home supporters?

Why not stick them in the East Lower? I think that's where the family section is, which is pretty silly seeing as its so close to the current position of the away fans.

My faux OCD still complains that it's not symmetrical but aside from that I can't find a fault in it. Can't wait to see it in the flesh so to speak.

A few exciting years coming up with lots to look forward to.

My faux OCD still complains that it's not symmetrical but aside from that I can't find a fault in it.

I continue to argue that the proposed stadium IS symmetrical - more or less - if you bisect it down the halfway line (I.e. West to East) though obviously not if you draw a line North to South..

Sciatika   

I would not have away fans in upper tiers as its easier for them to chuck stuff at players or home fans (witness Scousers throwing cups of piss over people). I don't want them at the front where they can attack players. I would like to split them up into small blocks but the cost of stewarding would be huge. Any area we put them in should have sound proofing material applied and be completely enclosed in safety glass and padding.

It's a shame the new stadium design doesn't incorporate a cut away roof above the away section.

So when it rains they get soaked through.

Bit like the old North Stand

I agree but I can also see why it makes sense to funnel the away fans through the Bovril Gate and to the south end of the stadium. Could you imagine how tricky it would be to get them to the MHL and keep them separate from the home supporters?

It used to happen every other Saturday. They had their own walk way. I would personally keep them as far away as possible. Far end where MH is and upper tier. Like they do at Barca & Newcastle.....! Also just for fun keep them in for an hour.